Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stevec325

join:2008-09-16
Newtown, PA
reply to djoropallo

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

So, I've been off the forum for a while...

I have been plagued by this crap for a long time. It used to be very intermittent, but now it happens all the time. At least once each day, sometimes more often, this "delay" happens.

Does anyone have any updates on when we can expect a solution?

Has anyone opened a service ticket, escalated to management, and/or found a workaround?
--
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week"

CeeZee

join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

I have an open ticket (but they won't give me an actual ticket number) on the VZ Direct forum. I opened it on 9/16.

The latest news I got from them was on 10/16 after a lot of pleading from me to get an update:
"I am sorry there is no update to the issue. The patch is still in testing, and we don't have a timetable for when it will be released.
Thank you,
~Eric"

Not very promising.

Edit: the night before I have been changing to the channel I know I want to watch in the morning.

I've been having the DVR issue on the 7232. What I found is that even when it won't respond to the box remote, it will respond to the iPhone remote control app without delay. Go figure.

I hope that helps someone.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 edit

said by danger_doug :

I've been having the DVR issue on the 7232. What I found is that even when it won't respond to the box remote, it will respond to the iPhone remote control app without delay. Go figure.

I hope that helps someone.

Original comment OBE.

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX

FYI, a Verizon rep has posted something over on the Verizon Forums that gives a clue of what the problem is, and more importantly a timeframe for when it will be fixed:

»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···9#M38953

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

said by justin9876:

FYI, a Verizon rep has posted something over on the Verizon Forums that gives a clue of what the problem is, and more importantly a timeframe for when it will be fixed:

»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···9#M38953

issue was inadvertently caused by a new ad deployment system. You should see some improvement in the next 2 weeks as we are disabling this capability on many channels.

We will be deploying a software fix on all your set top boxes between November 26 to January 7 across all FIOS markets which should resolve this issue fully
-------------------

ad deployment system?...so it's not a Guide issue?...ad deployment imbedded within channels?...Nov 26- Jan 7TH??...why does Verizon take so long to fix any sort of widespread issue for?

stevec325

join:2008-09-16
Newtown, PA

said by TitusTroy:
ad deployment system?...so it's not a Guide issue?...ad deployment imbedded within channels?...Nov 26- Jan 7TH??...why does Verizon take so long to fix any sort of widespread issue for?

Ya know... this really pisses me off. They take forever to update the software, claiming "testing". Then, they release junk anyway.

Then... the whole process starts over again!

It's a good thing they keep raising rates. They should make more money for putting out such a quality product.
--
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week"

tommy022060

@verizon.net
reply to stevec325

I reset the coax cable and it seems to be working fine right now.

I was told that they need to update it with a IMG update and that wont be until next year