how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Telco

join:2008-12-19

4 edits

Cellular Tablet

I had both a wifi only and a cellular tablet and can hands down say the cellular version is better and more convenient. I can take it anywhere and have a data connection. Whereas, the wifi is limited to your house, in which case, what's the point of a tablet there anyway.

The main reason I purchased a tablet is to be able to take a device that has a decent size screen on the go. I barely use a smartphone when I have it with me. Going back to a wifi only tablet is like getting rid of a DVR or broadband internet.

Granted, as with anything wireless, our plan structures here are a joke. Folks overseas can purchase a 10gb plan and use it over the course of a year. Whereas, in the plutocratic oligarch "land of the Free", we are ironically 'told' by duopolies what, when, and how we may or many not use a device; all while we are given lip-service about the free market and how everyone else paying 1/3 the price apparently sucks.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
If you have a mobile data plan that offers tethering, it's not all that difficult to turn tethering on and just use a wifi tablet.

I have a cellular iPad with Verizon, but that's because I have an unlimited iPhone data plan that doesn't allow me to tether.

--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

I had both a wifi only and a cellular tablet and can hands down say the cellular version is better and more convenient. I can take it anywhere and have a data connection. Whereas, the wifi is limited to your house, in which case, what's the point of a tablet there anyway.

The main reason I purchased a tablet is to be able to take a device that has a decent size screen on the go. I barely use a smartphone when I have it with me.

+1