spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cosmokramer
join:2009-02-18
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

4G LTE in Maine

I noticed that Verizon recently added 4g lte in the Augusta/ Waterville area...which is great but my only issue is 4g doesn't exist in South Portland. It's a complete dead-zone once you move south, north, and west you get it back. Anyone have any news on them fixing this? Kinda just wanted to start a Maine thread anyway.
cosmokramer

1 edit

cosmokramer

Thanks

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
When were you in S. Portland? I was there a few weeks ago (Maine Mall area) and I was getting 4G/LTE on my Galaxy S III.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
Maybe it is still a work in progress for them so it becomes undiscoverable for periods of time until formerly launched.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
Question: Will ALL of Verizon 3G be LTE/4G? Or, like ATT, only bits and parts (They never even got 3G into my area!)

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to Dominokat

to Dominokat
I live 10 min from there. It is so-so outside then non existent in buildings. The store manager at the mall store said the mall tower has yet to be activated due to a technical issue. Should be soon.
cosmokramer

cosmokramer

4G is now full bars in the south portland/ scarbourgh area
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to Dominokat

to Dominokat
All of Verizon's footprint will be 4G/LTE when the buildout is finished. 3G will still be around for quite a while supporting devices that are not LTE
mxpdj2
join:2012-11-20

mxpdj2 to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer
I know that 4G is slowly moving north, but I wonder how long it will take to get to the Presque Isle area?

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL

bbrcat to cosmokramer

MVM

to cosmokramer
I Summer in that area and had full-bars 4G service in Old Orchard Beach/Saco area as well as Maine Mall/Jetport area this past season...

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by bbrcat:

I Summer in that area and had full-bars 4G service in Old Orchard Beach/Saco area as well as Maine Mall/Jetport area this past season...

HUGE difference between those areas and up in "the county", Aroostook.
mxpdj2
join:2012-11-20

mxpdj2

Much to my suprise, just after I wrote this, I got a text on my phone. After reading the text, my network icon was 4glte instead of 3g. Looks as if Presque Isle are now has 4g. Been on that for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs now. YES, the county is not forgotten!!

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL
·Comcast XFINITY
ARRIS SBG900

bbrcat to swintec

MVM

to swintec
said by swintec:

said by bbrcat:

HUGE difference between those areas and up in "the county", Aroostook.

Very true, but the original reference was to So.Potland...

mxpdj2- glad to hear

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to mxpdj2

to mxpdj2
Awesome! Can't wait to use it at Christmas!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
Click for full size
This, in the Augusta/Waterville area (I-95) Thanksgiving Day on my iPhone 5.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
I was told by a VZW employee that the reason 4G is spotty in South Portland is that lease issues are/were preventing them from upgrading the two towers in South Portland. This was a few months ago as I have not been to Maine since August.

The reason the VZW has coverage in the Maine Mall is the VZW store has a microcell in the store that has its own back haul.

Biddeford has excellent 4G coverage. When I first moved to the Northeast, Biddeford used to be extended network on Verizon until they filled the gap in York county.

rblenkhorn
Premium Member
join:2003-07-15
Bangor, ME

rblenkhorn to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
Something big happened in Bangor today, 4g LTE all over, stillwater, broadway, hammond street, outer union street.. uptill now was only 3g