join:2009-07-28
kudos:1
reply to raytaylor

Re: Motorola radios 5 years ago

Boy am I happy

50x 5700SM CPE radios
6x 5700AP radios
2x GPS timing controllers and the related accessories

25x Canopy Parabolic dishes (with standard satelite mounting arm included)
50x Canopy J hocky stick mounts (50cm)

I could have got another 25x dishes but didnt have time to unpack them all, so i unpacked what i could to fit into the van and had to leave the other dishes.

Pretty pleased with it all. Am now going to go find out what they are capable of.

raytaylor

looks like cambium dont provide any firmware or a support section on their website for radios this old.

From a bit of googling, i understand i cannot pair them into point to point links for bridging buildings, or changing their modes.
Also cant find out how to update firmware.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

Firmware update requires the CNUT tool from their website. The SM's cannot be made into AP's like most other manufacturers can. One of the many 'features' that drove me away from Canopy. Access to the Downloads page requires a MAC address from a unit to allow you in. Try one of the AP's Mac's.

BTW The POE is NOT compatible with other manufacturers.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
reply to raytaylor

Oh should also mention that I got burned on trying to jump across Too many major revisions... there's an upgrade path you need to follow.

IntraLink
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-14
Uath Valley
reply to raytaylor

Hey that's not too bad a haul!

The SM's are capable of 14Mbps aggregate throughput each.

The AP's are older and can only do 7Mbps aggregate, so it would be better to buy some more AP's that are 5750AP models instead of the 5700AP ones you have.

A single 5750AP will handle 50 or more SM's easily.

The website/company has changed for these radios, but the firmware and manuals and stuff are all current for them!

cambiumnetworks.com

Support:

»www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/···ndex.php

raytaylor

said by IntraLink:

The AP's are older and can only do 7Mbps aggregate, so it would be better to buy some more AP's that are 5750AP models instead of the 5700AP ones you have.

Thanks for the very useful tip - i shall start trolling ebay.