Premium Member
join:2001-02-11
Windsor Locks, CT

1 edit

MadHatr to glennaxl

Premium Member

to glennaxl

Re: app_info. x m l Creation

I have an I7 2600K w/ 8GB, GTX580 running Win7 64 bit. I tried running w/ the nvidia app_info.xml from nanoprobe's thread and it worked well for the gpu BUT I lost all running and cached cpu wu's. I let it run 2 gpu wu's for a bit to see if boinc manager would d/l cpu wu's. It did not. Well I guess I'm doing something wrong. FYI, I do exit and restart boinc manager after each change. I rename the app_info file and restarted boinc manager. And everything was fine. Got a bunch of cpu and gpu wu's d/l'd. So how do I run both cpu and multiple gpu wu's at the same time ?? I didn't have any problem when running multiple seta@home cuda wu's. But I was running only WCG cpu wu's at the same time. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong ??
Thanks
John

P.S. I couldn't open the file at the start of this thread.
P.P.S. Boinc Manager 7.0.28

Nanoprobe3
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula

Nanoprobe3

Premium Member

said by MadHatr:

I have an I7 2600K w/ 8GB, GTX580 running Win7 64 bit. I tried running w/ the nvidia app_info.xml from nanoprobe's thread and it worked well for the gpu BUT I lost all running and cached cpu wu's. I let it run 2 gpu wu's for a bit to see if boinc manager would d/l cpu wu's. It did not. Well I guess I'm doing something wrong. FYI, I do exit and restart boinc manager after each change. I rename the app_info file and restarted boinc manager. And everything was fine. Got a bunch of cpu and gpu wu's d/l'd. So how do I run both cpu and multiple gpu wu's at the same time ?? I didn't have any problem when running multiple seta@home cuda wu's. But I was running only WCG cpu wu's at the same time. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong ??
Thanks
John

P.S. I couldn't open the file at the start of this thread.
P.P.S. Boinc Manager 7.0.28

You're not doing anything wrong. It takes extra code added to the app_info file to run GPU and CPU tasks at the same. My earlier post above was not clear on that and it's too late to edit it. My bad. To open the file in the first post you need at least MS Word 2007. There may a third party app that will open it. Google is your friend.