spc
uniqs
Myst3r10n
join:2012-10-21
Canada

Myst3r10n to technocar2

to technocar2

Re: [Extreme Plus] Rogers Ultimate 150 Mbps/10Mbps + Hitron CGN2

I actually pay less than the advertised plan, not going to get specific but it's a great value, I'll tell you that

All in all, Hitron is stable, been with Rogers Hi-Speed for a long time, really happy.

Downloading in minutes not hours, Call of Duty is lag-free.

If I hit 250 GB which I won't, overage rate will be way less than advertised.

Also had a tech come out same-day to do cabling work. Amazed
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by Myst3r10n:

overage rate will be way less than advertised.

Not true, you only get the 70-80% discount on the price and modem rental but not on the usage.
Myst3r10n
Canada

Myst3r10n

Not necessarily true... lol

Any usage I incur on my bill in general is actually "augmented".

You seem to be getting a good price nonetheless.

At the end of the day. I'm happy and I've read a lot of BS about the slow speeds and the dissatisfaction of some customers.

I attribute it to bad cabling and/or user error of some nature.

It's a little steep for the usual customer but you can get a deal.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by Myst3r10n:

In excess of $132.10 plus tax for an internet connection is hardly a deal in anyone's books. That, my friend, is getting taken to the cleaners, hook, line and sinker...............
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by elitefx:

said by Myst3r10n:

In excess of $132.10 plus tax for an internet connection is hardly a deal in anyone's books. That, my friend, is getting taken to the cleaners, hook, line and sinker...............

$132.10 plus tax for unlimited 150/10 in North American, are you kidding me? I don't see anyone else offering such deals.

Shaw: Unlimited 100mbps = $190
Bell: Unlimited 175mbps = $283.95
Videotron: Unlimited 200 or 120 mbps = non existing (no monthly billing limits)
Comcast: 1TB 105 mbps = about $300 (adding up all the 50GBs you need to buy after the cap, no monthly billing limits)
FiOS: unlimited 150 = $94 (only fiOS kicks rogers ass)

Now you see unlimited 150/10 for $132.10 plus tax is a decent deals when you look at the state of NA internets. You need to look at the bigger picture, you can't always compare to the indies with 28/1 or 25/10.

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd

Anon

How are you getting $132 for unlimited with Rogers?
elconcho
join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

elconcho to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Now you see unlimited 150/10 for $132.10 plus tax is a decent deals when you look at the state of NA internets. You need to look at the bigger picture, you can't always compare to the indies with 28/1 or 25/10.

Please explain how you arrive at $132.10 plus tax

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx to Pesterd

to Pesterd
said by Pesterd :

How are you getting $132 for unlimited with Rogers?

Just follow the bouncing ball....
said by technocar2:

I already know I will get $100 in usage plus 70% off the internet price. It comes out to $132.10 plus tax. No surprise there mate. I'm getting unlimited 150/10 for $132.10, not a bad deal for what its worth.

Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

2 edits

Hooter to Pesterd

to Pesterd
I think what technocar2 is saying is that he gets 70% off his Internet bill every month and then incurs the maximum $100 overage fee on top of that every month. By my calculation though that would come to $136.90 plus tax. (Ultimate = 122.99 - 70% = 36.90. Add in another $100 every month for overage.)
elconcho
join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

elconcho

So why are we bothering to use his calculation in the rest of our discussion? Is he just showing off at what an amazing discount he gets? The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by elconcho:

The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

Thank you my friend. FINALLY the truth is revealed. This internet thing is a Rogers cash cow. The network was paid for by TV cable subscribers. 150/10 is worth $60/month if that. It sure don't cost anything with data bandwidth at 4 cents/GB Rogers cost and that was 4 years ago. Probably cost them 2 cents per now maybe...............
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to elconcho

to elconcho
said by elconcho:

The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

What's stopping you from getting this heck of a deal. Look around many people have this, I'm not the only one with this deal; some people even have 80% off. For the record its old Ultimate $107 - 70% = 32.10 plus $100 usage because $122.99 product code in not available in my area but they were able to push out the 150/10 cfg, so when the $122.99 becomes available then it will be $36.90 for the same 150/10. Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by technocar2:

......Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

Agreed. But it's not worth anywhere near $122 to start with. If Rogers is going to give EVERYBODY 70-80% off why not do the right thing and just drop the everyday price to $60 like I've been saying for months now.....people still want value for their money.

At $60/mnth and 4 cents a GB Rogers cost that still leaves a tidy overhead for network maintenence and profit.....
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by elitefx:

said by technocar2:

......Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

Agreed. But it's not worth anywhere near $122 to start with. If Rogers is going to give EVERYBODY 70-80% off why not do the right thing and just drop the everyday price to $60 like I've been saying for months now.....people still want value for their money.

I agree rogers should do that but knowing rogers they would much rather milk $$$ out the internets from the masses and give generous discount to a very few who beg for it. What will be interesting is when my 2 years run out, will they give this deal again? Who knows but for the time being grab it while you still can!
Myst3r10n
Canada

Myst3r10n to elitefx

to elitefx
I wouldn't pay $122.99 for it, and I don't.
However that being said, If I was, I'd be getting what I paid for.

Rogers Hi-Speed is about the only internet service I will consider in my area.

If I'm going to pay for any service Rogers offers, it's gonna be Hi-Speed.

Most Rogers iPhone/Android bills are in excess of $150 a month with 6-10GB of LTE data.

What I'm paying for my 250/10 Mbps is less than most cell phone bills.

And THAT'S saying something.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by Myst3r10n:

Most Rogers iPhone/Android bills are in excess of $150 a month with 6-10GB of LTE data.

I don't know anyone who is paying that much for an iPhone/Android wireless account with Rogers. Where are you getting that number?

My Samsung Galaxy S3 phone with everything including 6GB LTE comes to $80 and change taxes in.
JMCD23
join:2010-12-06
London, ON

JMCD23 to Myst3r10n

to Myst3r10n
Huh? No one is paying that much. I know quite a few in the $70-$80 range. I was paying $52 with Fido for 6GB.
Myst3r10n
Canada

Myst3r10n to nekkidtruth

to nekkidtruth
I'm getting those bill amounts from first hand experience.

I've seen too many bills like this, you wouldn't believe it until you see them.

I didn't think that was possible, I'm with Fido.

Most people's Rogers Wireless bills are 80+, upper end 150-200, unbelievable.

I'm paying way less than that ($80) for my Ultimate.
Myst3r10n

Myst3r10n to JMCD23

to JMCD23
Yea I'm paying less than you with City Fido with 6GB as well.

Most people don't know how to deal. They just pay.
It's quite shocking actually.

In all honesty Fido people are NOT like Rogers people.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to Myst3r10n

Premium Member

to Myst3r10n
You might want to tell those people who's bills you've "experienced first hand" to pay their monthly bill on time

The ridiculous numbers you're quoting for wireless indicate a double bill. The $80 mark is pretty much the cream of the crop when it comes to wireless. There isn't much you can do to bump that number up from there without moving to an entirely different setup (ie. Family plan).

Come to think of it, that price point you keep referring to ($150) sounds about right for a family plan.
Myst3r10n
Canada

Myst3r10n

No, they weren't double billed, or on family plans.

Single CTN. One Bill. No Late payments.

These people exist.
Some Value Packs are $17.

New plans range from $73-93 a month with 3GB of data and 200-1200 Daytime mins, and you STILL have to ADD a Value Pack.

Once you get into 6GB of data, a value pack and either 200 minutes + overages or straight up 1200 minutes.

These people are paying $100 a month easy.

If they "cheap out" on their plan, they go over, or they don't cheap out and still pay nearly $100 including tax.

Go take a look at the pricing and re-think your "ridiculous"ly uninformed response.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

My apologies. I've never even seen those plans. Mainly because you have to actually click on "See more" to even get to them.

All I have to say is wow. If someone is stupid enough to pay $150 for what I get for $80 taxes in a month, they kind of deserve it.