uniqs
share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Waterfox 16.x?

Was just wondering if anyone had any info when Waterfox 16.x would be out. Normally when Firefox releases a new version, the development team for Waterfox does its "magic" and a new version of Waterfox is produced.

While I know that "magic" is not as easy as hitting the "recompile to 64 bit" button so to speak it has been about 11 days since Firefox 16.0.1 was released.

I also know there was issues at first with Firefox 16.0 back on the 9th of October (which is why it was pulled, and why we have 16.0.1).

So, just looking to see if anyone has any information.

Thanks!

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk

Haven't seen anything about WF 16 yet. Think he had some kind of compiler issues that cropped up with 15.0.1. I had massive problems with 15 version. Uninstalled it and it completely screwed up my system up. Required system recovery to correct.

Currently using PaleMoon for 64 bit build. Seems more stable than waterfox, may just stick with it.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Thanks for the reply.

I had issues with Waterfox 15.x, so I went back to 14.0.1.

I've heard of Palemoon, and did have it installed just long enough to test it out. Looked just like Firefox, so I may switch over to the latest version and see how I like it.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
kudos:1
reply to plencnerb

On these recommendations, I downloaded and installed x64 Palemoon. Let's see.
--

Romney equals Epic Fail!