spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Telco

join:2008-12-19

I'll join

It's not apple that should be sued, it's AT&T and their dirt-bag practices to monopolize the market.

This entire locking of a handsets, that are already limited to typically two or less carriers in a country of 310 million, is whacky Republinomics (let them self regulate) at its best. Also negates the other BS agreement of the consumer (market) decides; no AT&T decides and tells you like a plutocrat what to do.

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

1 edit
Yes, we get it, you're left sided. But does EVERYTHING with you have to be a political standoff?

However, it's painfully obvious that you didn't read the article that Karl linked. It's in regards to the first generation iPhone...

Telco

join:2008-12-19
I was speaking in general, including handsets all the way to the 5.

I don't want to mention politics, however, we are suffering because of the policies and creed of the GOP. Because of government legislation, it's prohibited to lock handsets in various countries.

Whereas, the GOP refuses to allow or pass any equivalent legislation here. They want AT&T and Verizon to do as they please, as they have with Walmart.

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
said by Telco:

I was speaking in general, including handsets all the way to the 5.

I don't want to mention politics, however, we are suffering because of the policies and creed of the GOP. Because of government legislation, it's prohibited to lock handsets in various countries.

Whereas, the GOP refuses to allow or pass any equivalent legislation here. They want AT&T and Verizon to do as they please, as they have with Walmart.

2000 years from now, Like the Jewish Passover, There will be The GOP Blame Bush Day.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX
reply to Telco
Agreed, it's a mixed bag. Being the technological people we are, we would love regulations that benefit us (eg: set a minimum requirement for a bunch of things).

However, where do we stop, is my question? Personally, I'd love some regulations regarding the internet / wireless providers. However, I don't think it would stop there.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to Telco
We're suffering from BOTH sides. GOD I hate this faux 2-party system we have here... Life is never so simple.

Can we talk about phones and DSL and fiber and technology stuff please?

I don't want to hear about politics and if I did I would go to a politic board... Thanks to everyone!

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
said by jjeffeory:

We're suffering from BOTH sides. GOD I hate this faux 2-party system we have here... Life is never so simple.

What we need is The Monster Raving Loony party, or the "Loonies"
»www.omrlp.com/
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption