Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to jabarnut

Premium Member

to jabarnut

Re: [NFL] Week 7 Games Discussion

said by jabarnut:

Yeah, the Redskins/Giants game was a good one for sure.
And RG3 continues to impress me...20-of-28 for 258 yards, two touchdowns (and an interception), to go along with 89 rushing yards on nine carries. He's about as far from someone who should be called a "rookie" as I've ever seen.
But then, there's always Eli to contend with when it comes crunch time.

Gotta give Eli his 'props', no doubt. But it sure helps when the pass defense allows a receiver to run right past them at a point in the game when throwing deep has to be most expected.
I don't miss LaRon Landry or Carlos Rogers even a little bit, but the people they replaced them with are no upgrade whatsoever-- really not even so much as a 'sideways-grade'. They stink. Stink bad.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by Rook008:

It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.

RGIII basically IS the team now.
For years, 17 points was a virtual offensive explosion for the Skinnies. Now, they routinely get that by halftime or earlier-- using a little-thought-of rookie running back and receivers who scare nobody, to boot.

Their defense reeks. Reeks so bad you can almost see the fumes rise off them as they take the field.
Now the Skins score plenty-- unfortunately, the other team is often scoring 'heap more', as the song says (or originally said, anyway).
Ugh. As soon as we gettum some actual offense, we needum totally new defense.

As Great Spirit say-- always friggin something.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That 4th down and 10 play in the 4th quarter was great. I thought for sure JPP was going to sack him. The guy is pretty elusive scrambling around yet still looking downfield for the open receiver.

And the 'Skins defense did hold Bradshaw to 40 or so yards on the ground. He had 300+ yards combined the last two weeks.
That's, ya know, something.