how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

phasechange

join:2012-10-22
Emmaus, PA

[Equipment] RCN LHV - Cable modem provisioning (Motorola SB6121

I finally decided to get my own modem (Motorola SB6121). I tried plugging it in myself per the RCN site, but no autoprovisioning page came up. I called RCN tech support, provided the MAC id, and then spent a considerable amount of time waiting for it to be provisioned with no success. (FWIW the tech I talked to was good.) They finally let me just took my number & tole me they'd call when it was done. After about 2 1/2 hours I gave up and called them back to provision the old (RCN) modem.

So, questions are:
1) Are there any known issues with the SB6121 on RCN ?
2) Is there any way for me to determine if the unit is DOA?

TIA.

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1

Re: [Equipment] RCN LHV - Cable modem provisioning (Motorola SB

1) No not really. However I can say I don't know if that model works on the autoprov swap page. It may not actually come online without provisioning.

2) If you want to use the dslr email feature shoot me a note with your mac address and I can take a peak (Note: provisioning doesn't take 2.5 hours it's generally 10 minutes or less.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

sapreaper

join:2007-06-01
united state
reply to phasechange
I can only say i have had the SB6121 for almost a year working flawless with RCN in the LHV.

alanisrox69

join:2005-03-29
LHV, PA
reply to phasechange
Provisioning doesn't take that long.

There is some extra steps they need to take to activate the SB6121. Obviously that phone rep didn't know what they were doing.

I'm sure rcncares on here can set you up with a phone call from a higher level tech that will get it up in about 5mins....
--
CHECK YOUR FSLC TAXES!!!