kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to Cordelia0704

Re: [OOL] Streaming to Xbox from PC over OOL Wireless Network -

said by Cordelia0704:

Its possible I don't know enough to answer that question. I have the modem and router cablevision gave me, they set up my wireless network, I run windows 7. I'm not sure if the problem is my pc, the xbox or the network. Its very frustrating. If this is the wrong information or not enough, let me know what you need, and I'll post when I get home from work.
Thanks

Your Windows 7 PC- is it connected to the router with a wire, or is it wireless? Is it connected and working properly?

Do you have your wireless router's setup information handy, and if you do, have you double checked the settings within the Xbox to tell it the proper wireless network password and so forth?
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Begging the Wilpons to sell the Mets.

Cordelia0704

join:2012-10-22
Little Falls, NJ

Your Windows 7 PC- is it connected to the router with a wire, or is it wireless? Is it connected and working properly?

Do you have your wireless router's setup information handy, and if you do, have you double checked the settings within the Xbox to tell it the proper wireless network password and so forth?

I don't have the information handy because I"m at work, but I can get it when I go home. I have checked it against what's on my xbox before though and they match. I have tried both wired and wireless and I get the same result, which is no connectivity.

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ
reply to Jeffrey
ok I'm home, what network settings do we need?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
First, clarify how everything is hooked up. Is your computer wired to the router or wireless? Is the xbox wireless or wired?

If both are wireless, does the network name on the PC match the one on the xbox?
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ
right now both are wired and the network matches

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY
If they're both wired, there shouldn't be any issues. Can the Xbox sign into Xbox Live?

It's been a long time since I've used my xbox, but i remember having to go into the system settings and add my computer there before it showed up in the Videos tab. Did you do that step since getting the new router?
--

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ
Several times, but I can try it again

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY
Might be silly, but who knows.. Could be worth it to go through these instructions step by step just to make sure:

»support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/···se/media

Even though the Xbox is connected via ethernet, are the settings also set to use wired instead of wireless? (same question for your PC, if it has wireless)
--

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ
they are both set to wired. windows media center says its can't find my xbox, and my xbox says it can't find my computer.