Action2

join:2010-06-29
Newman, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to staregazer

Re: [DSL] drop outs, connection interupted....multiple service c

Were you running those tests during prime time? Bonded DSL puts up extremely high latency numbers when congestion is apparent. The only issue I see is that your upstream ADSL1 is still either out of sync or provisioned wrong. It should normally be 1147 kbps.

I do get minor packet loss when the the connection is under load, but yours does seem a bit high.

wchill09

join:2012-10-15
Onondaga, MI
Click for full size
FINALLY, SOME RESULTS

As the saying goes, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.....It may be too early to tell but service call #6 appears to have impacted the problem. The system has been up for 6 hours and only 54 FEC errors. No drops, connection is solid, and I'm finally starting to get a smile on my face.....The tech changed the wires that go from outside box on house to box on telephone pole, even though they checked good. Then tested the line again from box on pole to main box down the road (.9 mile) and made adjustments/changes there. And finally, with the modem stats I have been saving and printing we had good proof of the errors. Since the errors increased exponentially with the speed I was all for backing it WAY down but he was having a difficult time convincing the main office that that was the way to approach a fix.....They finally agreed to drop the speed to 3M (down) and if needed, will drop to 1.5 (down) next week. Thankfully, the system has been up for 6 hours with only 54 FEC errors. GREAT IMPROVEMENT AND NO DROPPED CONNECTIONS! Only time will tell...