uniqs
share rss forum feed

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

Purchase Protection

Conventional credit card purchases (debit card? are you nuts!?) bring with them built in benefits like rebate points and warranty extensions. Fraud protection offered by credit cards is also unmatched. Perhaps if this venture offered something much better than these things, it might be worth considering.
--
Romney/Ryan 2012 - Put a couple of mature adults in charge.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

said by pnh102:

Conventional credit card purchases (debit card? are you nuts!?) bring with them built in benefits like rebate points and warranty extensions. Fraud protection offered by credit cards is also unmatched. Perhaps if this venture offered something much better than these things, it might be worth considering.

this is for buying gum and soda at 7-11 on your way to the gym.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD

said by AVD:

Cash is much less of a hassle here.
--

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by pnh102:

said by AVD:

no way
--

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD

1 edit

said by AVD:

said by pnh102:

said by AVD:

no way

To be fair to you, my opposition to this technology is driven more by it being linked to a debit card more than anything else. I've had too many problems with debit card fraud for me to even consider opening up another direct path from the outside world into my bank account.

For such purchases, if I do not have cash, I use credit. I never use my debit card for anything other than getting cash from an ATM.
--

CptSpaulding

join:2009-07-21
Cincinnati, OH

Banks have text messaging options and you can be sent a text for every purchase, deposit or withdraw. You can also set amounts on them and only be notified if it is so much and so on.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to pnh102

Is does/will. Certain merchants will give "offers". You then use bring up the offer on the ISIS app and pay and you will obtain use of the "offer". it might be something like 2 for 1 or a discount. That is what ISIS is doing that Google Wallet does not (its also different from Google Offers in that it's an all in one product).

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
reply to pnh102

swipe your credit card, and sign. You want to go to the gym with a quarter, nickel and 3 pennies in you shorts pocket?

Or dip your phone. At 7-11 that's it, at Duane-reade (wallgreens) you have to hit the credit button and accept the amount(stupid)
--