negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to grayDX

Re: [Speed] Really bad throughput in evening - Easton, PA

Gray, and Faai, FYI, dotting the I's and crossing T's on a final re-arrangement in your area. I'll be sending that over to the guys in PA in the next day or so. Just thought I would mention it.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

grayDX

@rcn.com

Thanks for the update.

I'll still follow-up on my trouble ticket tomorrow evening to see what the status of it is. Things are looking better than the 5-10Mbps I was seeing night in/night out. However, I'm still only seeing about 20-25Mbps in the evening.

I know there's no such thing as a consumer SLA for speed expectations, however, would expecting ~70% of the speed subscribed to be a reasonable expectation? During off-peak hours (i.e. early morning 6-8AM) speed provisions are 100% available.

Again, thank you for the heads-up with the behind the scene infrastructure stuff RCN is doing with it's network!

mlabate

join:2007-09-03
USA
reply to negativeduck

Any update on this? I can't speak for grayDX but I know my connection hasn't improved yet. Either way, thank you for keeping us in the loop.

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
Centreville, VA

1 recommendation

Was targeting for work next week but it's gonna depend on what happens with the storm if it cuts into PA that might delay things a bit.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
Centreville, VA

1 recommendation

Just updating this, We all got slammed last week and are coming out of "crisis mode" and getting going again. That said tomorrow morning we've got the maintenance scheduled that should clean all this up.

Thanks guys!
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

mlabate

join:2007-09-03
USA

Bryan - Just wanted to say thanks, things have been much better this past week, even during peak hours I am getting the speed I am paying for.

Thanks@