share rss forum feed

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to C0deZer0

Re: Wii U

I don't do online play, so the speed increase for loading times isn't a huge deal for me. I can see how it might be for people who do.

Out of curiosity with the PS3, do you have some examples of how much internal storage might be required for game data or mandatory installs outside of just standard saves?

In regard to worn_out, how much usage is your console getting? That really seems like an awful lot of failures. I know some pretty avid 360 gamers who had other failure issues pop up well before that one.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
I can't speak for all games... but I know most are around the 2-4GB per game variety. Borderlands (with all the expansions) is around 6GB of an install, while still requiring the disk.

Gran Turismo I don't have, but I understand it's rather infamous with the amount of surreptitious installs of data onto the hard drive. Frankly, one of the biggest arguments for an SSD was to shorten those install and load times for THIS GAME!

I just know on average, when I am able to try a game that is on both systems, the mandatory/optional installs for the PS3 only seem to bring it to have the same loading times as it would be on 360 if I just played from its disc. To my understanding, only 6 games in the entire 360 catalog are defaulted to not support the NXE install feature, because they were the few that actually turned out to perform worse this way. IIRC, none of those were multiplatform games, though.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to danawhitaker
quote:
Out of curiosity with the PS3, do you have some examples of how much internal storage might be required for game data or mandatory installs outside of just standard saves?

It depends on the game. Could be from a few MBs to a few GBs. Also if you purchase down loadable content.

A nice thing about the PS3 is the hard drive is easy to upgrade. I did it once with my PS3.

Though my PS3 is mainly used to watch netflix/DVDs/Blue rays on.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.