spc
Search similar:

uniqs
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

old technology

VDSL2 a little late there, eh? AT&T deployed their VDSL 2 back in 2009.

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar

said by brianiscool:

VDSL2 a little late there, eh? AT&T deployed their VDSL 2 back in 2009.

While they may have upgraded a portion of their network; AT&T has left large portions on ancient adsl.
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

Guess you will have to search for alternatives or move to a new location. One of my main reasons I moved was for cheaper broadband. I am happier than ever, but now I hardly use the internet than for work and small entertainment.

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar

said by brianiscool:

Guess you will have to search for alternatives or move to a new location. One of my main reasons I moved was for cheaper broadband. I am happier than ever, but now I hardly use the internet than for work and small entertainment.

No alternative unfortunately. I'm not moving either. So I'm stuck until Mediacom expands their plant.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to brianiscool

to brianiscool
Hahahaha! AT&T deployed my neighborhood VRAD in fall of '07, it has been rusting away unlit and unused ever since.
brianiscool
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

Why are they not using it for U-Verse?
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to brianiscool

to brianiscool
But Windstream is offering 24/4 over VDSL2, and AT&T is stuck at 24/3

Seriously though...that's a fairly significant difference on upload speeds. And you'll probably be able to get 24/4 without subscribing to TV or phone service (well, Greenstreak is still technically a phone line, but it's a bit cheaper).

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 recommendation

SimbaSeven to brianiscool

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

One of my main reasons I moved was for cheaper broadband. I am happier than ever, but now I hardly use the internet than for work and small entertainment.

Ya, I'm sure my family would love to move just for faster speeds.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to kaila

MVM

to kaila
I wonder if they forgot about it :P

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose to Gilitar

to Gilitar
Yep, like me, I feel like a redheaded stepchild island, as all the neighborhoods around us got it. Only because AT&T is cheeping out and doesn't want to run fiber a lil deeper since there is not SAI to tie into between our house and the RT, and this is in NE Columbus! Not a rural area. That's why WOW! & Insight have ate AT&T's lunch around here.
OSUGoose

1 recommendation

OSUGoose to Smith6612

to Smith6612
get a big U-Haul truck and back into it, might help to remind them! lol
OSUGoose

OSUGoose to iansltx

to iansltx
could be that the copper they have is in better shape and higher gauge since it was rural, thus why they can push the extra meg.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Nope. AT&T has 32/5 provisioned packages for their 24/3 service. AT&T is just holding back.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20 to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
Thank god Columbus actually has multiple cable options in most areas. One of the few parts of the country that has allowed it. Now if only they could have went that way with the telco side (*coughhack* Fios would be lovely )

Personally Uverse is nothing to really write home about. The only thing that they have done right is the DVR/Whole home operation. It just works and has the fewest annoyances compared to other providers. Everything else is 'average' at best.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Yea but Insight and WOW both suck. Hopefully TWC improves Insight.