spc
uniqs

Highlander
@direcway.com

Highlander to dbirdman

Anon

to dbirdman

Re: Gen 4: HT1000 Download Allowance Status

That, i am not sure if it will continue, but i was explained to by a hughes net employee that after you use so much bandwidth it goes into recovery mode, since we had 450 mb it took 24 hours or less to rebuild, but having 20gb using only a few hundred mbs it takes less time to rebuild, it would be nice if it would continue, as long as you dont use a ton of bandwidth its almost unlimited, but we will see

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

The meter resetting every few hours for SOME is just testing, nothing more. It will NOT do a "refill" unless you buy a token, or hit your monthly billing period. So don't get used to your allowance going from 95% to 100% out of no where with Gen4.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

Sara, from Hughes, finally made an "official" post on this matter today, which reads "I apologize for the delayed response: at this time Gen4 systems' download allowance resets in a daily basis. Enjoy."

newcustomer
@boingboing.net

newcustomer

Anon

Wow, I was actually afraid their official statement would be "Sorry for the problem it will be fixed immediately." Mostly because I'm sure anyone who signed up with the higher allowance plan would be pretty upset and would want to be moved down a tier for the time being.. Oh well, crossing my fingers hoping it lasts for another 23 months.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to dbirdman

to dbirdman
if the economy tanks, they'll likely have to leave it that way to keep the customers that have.

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by TexasRebel:

if the economy tanks, they'll likely have to leave it that way to keep the customers that have.

If you can accurately predict the direction of the economy you have a bright future ahead of you (and should become very wealthy if you have the resources to make bets on your predictions). Otherwise, they are simply doing the same thing that Exede did - it costs virtually nothing to allow access to a sparsely populated network, and it ensures a happy early customer satisfaction.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I'm going on what all the top economists keep saying.. The US dollar is done.. Just a matter of time before it drops like a rock and the US economy becomes like Wiemar, Germany in 1933. I'm actually surprised they've managed to keep it going this long..

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by TexasRebel:

I'm going on what all the top economists keep saying.

No, sorry. We probably will get moderated for getting political, but I can tell you with certainty that the statement above means you have accepted someone's hand-picked and biased list of economists as somehow being all the top ones.

I suspect even the true top economists don't agree on who "all the top economists" are, but no comprehensive list will find ANY agreement on the direction of the dollar, the economy, or much of anything else. They are as divided in opinion as the rest of us.

Did you notice back in the spring when the price of gas started up that there were "top economists" predicting $6 per gallon after Memorial Day? Did you notice after the price started to drop in May that there were "top economists" predicting that the bottom would fall out of oil? Did you notice how "top economists" often seem to predict that, whatever the trend of the moment is, it will continue? And have to backpedal furiously?

They are as bad as the weather guessers on anything further out than 2 weeks.