how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnnyBeGood

join:2008-04-18
Seattle, WA

Missed a show

While out of country I've missed this show »dsc.discovery.com/tv/winged-plan···how.html
Any tips where to look for?

newster

join:2011-09-26
Would you prefer the original BBC version or the Discovery Channel version?

So what's the difference?

The Discovery Channel version often uses a different narrator, usually some 2nd-tier Hollywood actress instead of the original documentarian such as David Attenborough. It also uses a re-written narration script for the apparently vocabulary-challenged American audience.

JohnnyBeGood

Seattle, WA
said by newster:

Would you prefer the original BBC version or the Discovery Channel version?

So what's the difference?

The Discovery Channel version often uses a different narrator, usually some 2nd-tier Hollywood actress instead of the original documentarian such as David Attenborough. It also uses a re-written narration script for the apparently vocabulary-challenged American audience.

Didn't know that same show can be in two versions.

newster

join:2011-09-26
reply to JohnnyBeGood
The Discovery Channel completely re-works all the BBC nature documentaries, I would assume to make them more appealing to their advertisers' target demographic as well as maybe being shortened to fit in commercial breaks.

The original BBC series is called Earthflight, and was first broadcast a year ago. It's not hard to find :=)

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to JohnnyBeGood
well if you got a usenet account a BR rip of the show is on there. think I'll check it out too. never heard of it.

JohnnyBeGood

Seattle, WA
reply to newster
Thanks guys!

I was able to find Earthflight but not Winged Planet. I don't mind original BBC version at all.

sfl0w

join:2010-07-20
Birmingham, AL
reply to newster
said by newster:

The original BBC series is called Earthflight, and was first broadcast a year ago. It's not hard to find :=)

Thanks for this @newster, it looks cool