uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to carp

to carp

Re: XBox 360...sell to Gamestop?

said by carp:

You're getting shafted if only $100. Look at what they sell the same system used for.

You do understand the point of selling things is to make money. If I own a pawn shop and I can sell your item for $500 I'm not going to give you $500 for it. What would be the point? So yes I will will give you less because I'm a business not a charity.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I don't get why people sell to lamestop for palty sums when they can just ebay

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

Generally I would agree with you, but in this case it's because Gamestop is on my way home, I can have the store credit today, I don't have to worry about shipping or getting paid, and with this double credit deal the difference between GS and ebay isn't as big as it normally would be. I'm seeing consoles on ebay like mine going for $175. $25 is worth the convenience to me.

I will admit I've had bad luck with selling on ebay. My first sale was an e-bay verified attempted scam (gotta love the "I'm traveling, do you ship to Nigeria"?). My second sale (same item) the winning bidder never paid or responded to any of my e-mails. There has been no third sale yet.

carp
Rejected
join:2002-10-30

carp to 88615298

to 88615298
After all these years in corporate america and sitting on S corp boards, that never dawned on me /sarcasm

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

lol

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Oh, let me count the ways:
•Fees eBay charges to list/sell anything on the site, which creates the phenomena of many items having shipping rates more expensive than the cost of the item in question
•Nobody will buy from someone that hasn't built a reputation in the hundreds already
NUMEROUS buying/selling scams done by getting dodgy with ebay's own rules, thereby ensuring a bad experience for either side
•A lack of trust that I have with regards to eBay that - for as much as has gone on with the site - is something I may not ever get over.

The depressing thing is that failstop gets away with their meager offers because they know that they're effectively a monopoly where they have business. As I said to another previously regarding this, where I currently live, I'd have to go more than 20 miles away to find a single actual pawn shop, and I would find no less than six Failstops within the same radius, and at least three on the way to said pawn shop. It's frustrating as heck, that's for sure.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to carp

to carp
said by carp:

After all these years in corporate america and sitting on S corp boards, that never dawned on me /sarcasm

Well apparently it didn't since you are amazed an old XBOX can "only" fetch $100 on the used market. Lucky he'd be getting that.

88615298 (banned) to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0
said by C0deZer0:

said by Metatron2008:

Oh, let me count the ways:
•Fees eBay charges to list/sell anything on the site, which creates the phenomena of many items having shipping rates more expensive than the cost of the item in question
•Nobody will buy from someone that hasn't built a reputation in the hundreds already
NUMEROUS buying/selling scams done by getting dodgy with ebay's own rules, thereby ensuring a bad experience for either side
•A lack of trust that I have with regards to eBay that - for as much as has gone on with the site - is something I may not ever get over.

The depressing thing is that failstop gets away with their meager offers because they know that they're effectively a monopoly where they have business. As I said to another previously regarding this, where I currently live, I'd have to go more than 20 miles away to find a single actual pawn shop, and I would find no less than six Failstops within the same radius, and at least three on the way to said pawn shop. It's frustrating as heck, that's for sure.

Amazon has trade ins.

Umitencho
join:2012-08-11
Jacksonville, FL

Umitencho to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0
Tophatter is much better.