uniqs
share rss forum feed

Maven
Premium
join:2002-03-12
Canada
reply to trparky

Re: [WIN7] No Service Pack 2

Is there anything particularly wrong with Windows 7? It's been rock solid for me.

Sure, a roll-up of updates would be nice, but I don't think this is some mass conspiracy to push Win8. A lot of corporate users are just now moving towards Win7, Microsoft has every reason to fix whatever's wrong with Win7.

said by lorennerol See Profile
It's Windows Me/Vista all over again. Oh how quickly MS forgets...

:

Well XP SP3 came out after Vista, so I'm not sure what you're on about here. Also, there was nothing inherently wrong with Me or Vista aside from shoddy drivers.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
said by Maven:

Is there anything particularly wrong with Windows 7? It's been rock solid for me.

Same here...I am extremely happy with windows 7. Stable as can be for me.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Maven
said by Maven:

Sure, a roll-up of updates would be nice, but I don't think this is some mass conspiracy to push Win8. A lot of corporate users are just now moving towards Win7, Microsoft has every reason to fix whatever's wrong with Win7.

:

Well XP SP3 came out after Vista, so I'm not sure what you're on about here. Also, there was nothing inherently wrong with Me or Vista aside from shoddy drivers.

Agreed.

I have been running Win8 for over a month now for work and I am seriously considering going back to Windows 7.

I am still running Win7 at home but could easily switch to 8 if I wanted. But, that is looking less likely every day.

I even use Start8 to bring back the start menu so 8 for me is essentially 7 for my needs.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

RazzyW8

@rr.com
said by workablob:

said by Maven:

:

Agreed.

I have been running Win8 for over a month now for work and I am seriously considering going back to Windows 7.

I am still running Win7 at home but could easily switch to 8 if I wanted. But, that is looking less likely every day.

I even use Start8 to bring back the start menu so 8 for me is essentially 7 for my needs.

Dave

You haven't even used Windows 8 though..... You're using a modified Windows 8 that acts/works like the slower Windows 7. Get rid of Start8 junk - its useless in Windows 8.