spc
uniqs
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns to DC DSL

Premium Member

to DC DSL

Re: Freebie PDF to Word converter recos?

said by DC DSL:

said by tomdlgns:

why would they listen to you, now, when they didn't listen to you before?

and they want it to be free?

If you ran a business for 30+ years, you would understand the notion and value of goodwill and not burning bridges. If they were a big company, I would tell them to wank off. All I'm doing is helping them find something suitable...they're on their own using it.

i agree and i would do the same thing in your position, but they are in no place to demand it be free when 1, they didnt take your advice to backup and 2, they seem to really need these documents.

that was my point.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

You probably aren't very familiar with small, non-profit advocacy groups. The reason they're in the bind they're in is they had to eliminate most of their support staff...including their admin. Non-tech people never take backup seriously unless it bites them hard...and even then they tend to lose the religion after just a few weeks.
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

i will keep my comments to myself because i dont want this thread to be a back and forth battle of who is right.

what i will say is that just because it is a non-profit group doesn't mean they shouldn't spend money. i am not saying that they need a 55k backup solution. i am sure they can afford a few hundred bucks for a NAS and some hard drives and backup the important stuff once a week or even once a month.