spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Josh MacRae

@mycingular.net

[Exede] Do not get this if you want to play online

If you play online with xbox 360 ps3 whatever you pick this internet won't cut it. When i first called the rep i talked to was awesome i chatted with him for about one hour i wasn't ready to setup i was just looking into it. We use at&t hotspot and wanted a better deal. He asked me what things we used the internet for and so i said web my gfs school work and a few other things he said well great this will be good for that. He asked me what game i played he asked before i said did i play mw3 i said why yes i do that's what i been playing alot my fav game right now. so i got signed up and everything was great. i got it the 18th couldn't connect to a game on live so i called the 21st to see what was up they told me well the thing is you reached you re limit on you re ten gbs and i said that's not possible they tell me that it said that i reached it the 19th one day after it was setup. after Manny more calls i would say 10 of the 10- 9 had no idea that you can not play online with any console the one out of ten was a tech that after the 9 before they finally suggested to transfer me to. they lie to get you one with them they are braking the law by telling what you want to hear to get you signed the speed sucks the at&t hotspot plays xbox ps3 anything they are beast at internet i recommend them to anyone that does not have a wired option. long story short i will be file a complaint with the fcc and i hope someone gets their ass jacked over this its robbery. one last thing to add they will do anything to not be reported to the fcc they are refunding the installation fee and they are removing the early termination fee so now all they get out of me is trouble hope they lies was worth it guys.

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan
it's pretty common knowledge around these parts that gaming will not work on satellite due to the high latency. sounds like you were just one of many uneducated consumers that got suckered into believing that satellite internet is just like terrestrial internet.

and are you actually complaining that they let you out of contract free of charge so that they wouldn't be reported to the fcc? lol

just be glad that they let you were able to get out of your contract unscathed.

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL
reply to Josh MacRae
Many customers report very positive results using Xbox 360 on the Wildblueworld.com forum, but they caution everyone to understand the Data Allowance Policy (DAP) they purchased.

Your problem is you blew through your DAP quickly, which slows you to somewhere between 128 and 256kbs until your reset date...you can either buy more bandwidth, upgrade to a higher package, or use the unlimited usage late night free zone (LNFZ) from midnight to 5am, where your speeds are restored even if you've been Dapped.

As others have said, understand the limitation of your package, follow the rules, and Xbox works fine with Exede12.
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
No xbox 360, PS3 and pc wont work on sat period. can they login and download stuff ? sure. but playing online nope please understand that and dont mislead people.

Sat is for well light stuff, Pings on sat will kill most stuff nothing no one can do.

wm4bama

Goodwater, AL
The new ViaSat-1 service (Exede 12mbs) has latency of about 600ms, down from the older systems that were close to 1500ms.

The Xbox players using Exede 12 say all games play well, but if you're in a head-head game of shoot-before-the-other-guy, then you do have a slight disadvantage...

But always remember, everyone recommends using satellite internet service ONLY if you have no other choice but dial-up.
--

jsme304

join:2009-10-16
Lampasas, TX
reply to Josh MacRae
We have NO problem with WOW... better usage of game on Exede than when we had a Sprint wireless acct thru Millenicom. Wife is playing right Now..

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..
reply to Josh MacRae
I have to say that I find it rather ammusing that you recommend a company that is quite possibly the biggest rip-off artist on the planet. Granted, satellite companies are not exactly trustworthy themselves, but AT&T??? There has to be a punch line in there some place, LOL.

As for gaming with Exede, well I am on DSL now but after 10 years on Hughesnet / Direcway I can tell you that gaming has always been possible on satellite, you just had to be carefull which provider you used, what equipment you bought into and what level of plan you got in order to accomplish this goal. Back before exeded and HN Gen 4 you couldn't use Wildblue after a few months after the company started up simply because they perpously raised the latency to a level that pretty much forbid gaming. HN was a better option but still you often had overcrowding that caused high latency so I did research and discovered that with a little extra money spent up front I could get a small business system and pay the same amount each month I was already paying and get a higher priority on the satellites thus reducing my latency, raising my cap, and stabilising my speeds at or near advertised plan speeds as well as doing away with weather interferance almost entirely due to the bigger dish and higher power transmitter. Now with Exede and Gen 4 you get all of those advantages (aside from the higher cap) pretty much without the extra up front costs and with those latency numbers most games aside from FPS games should play very well. My whole family played EQ, EQ2, last chaos, WOW, and Runescape for 10 years on satellite with very few issues. You just have to pick and choose your games on satellite
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

josh macrae

@charter.com
reply to Josh MacRae
no doubt about it you actually can play online with the excede but only if a friend invites you and you will never find a game in matchmaking and when you do there is a like 1 sec delay that is total bs. i can help but think im getting made fun of here when really i got suckered into this mess and yea im lucky i got out of it but i didn't use maybe 500 mb of internet i got told i used over 10 gb. also say what you will about at&t but they got there stuff figured out they are the best out there and i stand by that statement 100% if not for them i would be playing no xbox live and that in itself is even more bs because all the other provides dont run out where im at and that's a little 15 min from town its bs.

josh macrae

@charter.com
reply to wm4bama
this is in no way true i talked to a tech as i already stated above i was told word for word "im sorry Mr macrae you can not play xbox on this internet" i was also told that maybe it was the type of game i was playing a fps but i dont just have fps games i tryed other games and none worked so i find this hard to believe so this is me trying to warn others not be told how im wrong i know what i know and that's just it i got lied to for that dollar bill just like everything else in this world today so whats new but i win this time

wm4bama

Goodwater, AL
said by josh macrae :

this is in no way true i talked to a tech as i already stated above i was told word for word "im sorry Mr macrae you can not play xbox on this internet" i was also told that maybe it was the type of game i was playing a fps but i dont just have fps games i tryed other games and none worked so i find this hard to believe so this is me trying to warn others not be told how im wrong i know what i know and that's just it i got lied to for that dollar bill just like everything else in this world today so whats new but i win this time

Josh, somehow you miss our point...the point is don't go to satellite internet unless you live in an area that dial-up is your only choice...that said..

If you are one of us that live in remote areas where dial-up is our only choice then Exede12 is a real blessing..it works great, it has a latency of about 600ms...other than that, with their AcceleNet technology web pages load in 1 second or less, download speed for me averages 18-20mbs...much faster than some DSL services in rural areas..

And yes, Xbox does work pretty darn good on Exede12...not as good as avarage DSL or 3G or 4G...but plenty good...too many customers testify to this on the WB/Exede forum...some tell others how to configure Xbox for best results and to wait for the Late Night Free Zone (LNFZ, 12am-5am) to download large Xbox updates and large games for the Xbox...

Again, satellite internet is not recommended, nor should it be considered, unless that's your only option except dial-up...

I'm not trying to dispute what you said or what you were told, but I think what you were told is not true now with Exede12 services..
--

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
said by wm4bama:

Again, satellite internet is not recommended, nor should it be considered, unless that's your only option except dial-up...

Not always true...There are two WISPs I could use. To access the good WISP requires a 100' tower or a repeater setup (bridge mode) with a solar battery setup, and for the bad WISP, just outdoor ethernet cable. Bad WISP has outages, and much slower speeds than the good WISP.

Both charge the same $49.95/month

If Verizon converts all towers to 4G, I might be in luck, next year...if all towers are converted, including those in the sticks.

jsme304

join:2009-10-16
Lampasas, TX
Reviews:
·WildBlue
reply to Josh MacRae
It is funny that everyone is comparing the NEW Exede sat system w/ the OLD wildblue sat system.
I have had Roadrunner by time warner... Sprint Wireless w/ Millenicom, the best constant running system has been the NEW
Exede sat system, even with the slower speeds on the Federal Recovery Act. program.
In todays world of Sat commincation it is par w/ any other system out there. I would recommend Exede to any rural customer looking for broadband service.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
said by jsme304:

It is funny that everyone is comparing the NEW Exede sat system w/ the OLD wildblue sat system.
I have had Roadrunner by time warner... Sprint Wireless w/ Millenicom, the best constant running system has been the NEW
Exede sat system, even with the slower speeds on the Federal Recovery Act. program.
In todays world of Sat commincation it is par w/ any other system out there. I would recommend Exede to any rural customer looking for broadband service.

If Exede's caps were not stuck back in the 1990's, then perhaps.