Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Northeaster's, guess who's coming to dinner?

Looks like Sandy (hurricane Sandy that is!)

Almost exactly one year since we were slammed by a freak October blizzard

Hopefully the computer models are wrong, and it stays out in the Atlantic, but by the hour/day, it looks more likely that we're going to take a hit.

Icarus, signmeuptoo, might be time to tie up 'yer yachts!
--
Deeds, not words

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1
The weather guy on TV this morning is super excited if thats any indication of whats to come. Need gas for the generator and have to put away the deck furniture. Other than that,bring it on!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to PeteC2
Oh! We have a ... ummmm ... collection of you Helix guys in that state. Stay safe, please.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to PeteC2
From what I've seen over the past two days, the predicted tracking keeps moving south and west. Yesterday morning, the Tuesday 2AM point was right over NYC; now it's at the Jersey/Delaware line.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
Waiting for the track to settle and end up coming right up the Chesapeake Bay. That would make for some real fun.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2
reply to PeteC2
Everyone is calling this a "Super Storm"!
Expecting everything from Gale-force winds, snow, heavy rain, possibly tornadoes in areas!

Everybody on the East Coast, batten down the hatches, get prepared! Looks like Halloween may have to be postponed!
--
Come fold for a cure with us @ Team Helix.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to PeteC2
Gee, I thought everyone LIKED

Sandy Duncan!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to tmpchaos
Duck, Kitty!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
reply to PeteC2
Batten down the hatches and stay safe!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to ropeguru
Please take care of you and yours, ropeguru See Profile. I know you will, but I'm a mamabear, cannot help saying these things.

I suppose what I really mean is, thanks for reminding us if you're in the path so we can all be on your team. Speaking only for myself, I pray. And I am praying for all of you and your loved ones.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Icarus
Premium,Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

reply to tmpchaos
said by tmpchaos:

From what I've seen over the past two days, the predicted tracking keeps moving south and west. Yesterday morning, the Tuesday 2AM point was right over NYC; now it's at the Jersey/Delaware line.

Now its looking like its going to hit DC and then die in western Pennsylvania. Really makes no difference to me personally. I could stay hunkered down here for a week without a problem. Generators operational,plenty of gas to run it and theres always food in the house. It is what it is.
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to PeteC2
Last year I think we went 8 days no power. After three days I finally got a shower, thanks to my roommate of the time, an emergency responder.

This time I don't have that, but I live in the city so maybe my power will be out for a shorter time. What will suck is food going bad. And not being able to check on alain and son. But I'm going to the store today, I'm gonna get some canned foods and bottled water. As I live in the city, hopefully power will be restored quicker.

I will probably be working, too, because of the nature of the job.

Everybody be safe and prepare the best as you can!

One of my sisters is annoyed with hubby, he refuses to buy a generator, and they can easily budget it, he's being stubborn. Why go without power for a week or more when you can generate? And they live on well water, too.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER
reply to PeteC2
Click for full size
Current HPC 5-day-outlook calling for 10+ inches in Delaware, Maryland area. Stay safe !!

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER
reply to PeteC2
This is from Jeff Beradelli, a (very, very good) meteorologist in Miami Beach:

To my friends in the NYC/NJ/LI area. I've had a lot of calls today so let me just address this here... Most of you know I have been immersed in the weather since I was 3 years old. I've seen just about everything in weather but I can tell you that I have never seen a storm quite like this one before. It is NOT the strongest storm I have ever seen. Hurricanes can be much stronger.
But here's what makes this different... I have never seen a "Nor'easter" this strong before. I have never seen a storm "back up" into the coast after being over the ocean, building seas, for many many days. I have never seen a storm that is so strong over such a giant "widespread" area. Typically the impacts are more localized... Not this one.
Every storm has completely different outcomes. And since we have never seen anything quite like this before the impacts are difficult to predict. But here's what seems most likely... 1. Plan on being without power for at least a few days most areas. 2. If you live close to the ocean or bay expect coastal flooding worse then any other storm you have seen in that area. If you live near rivers that typically flood you can pretty much count on flooding again.
4. Expect it to be several days before "business as usual" is again possible. There will be many trees down and roads that will need clearing.
Please pass this along if you feel it helpful.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to opus74
Yikes! What is that angry looking mess over Washington/Idaho and western Oregon!?!

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to PeteC2
Sounds like this could be a doozy! Everyone in the possible path please take care and be safe!

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
said by sortofageek:

Yikes! What is that angry looking mess over Washington/Idaho and western Oregon!?!

It's spawning!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
I don't know, Sorta, but looks almost like a certain CLOWN'S work, heh...

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to PeteC2
Dang.....Sandy leaves Bahamas after killing 43 in Caribbean Prayers going out to those in need down there. And also for those it's heading towards.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
said by sortofageek:

Oh! We have a ... ummmm ... collection of you Helix guys in that state. Stay safe, please.

Gaggle?....Herd?....Flock?....Pride?....
--
Deeds, not words

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Icarus
This is the aggravating part of living in an (albeit nice) apartment complex!

No option to utilize a generator here. When the power goes, it goes and there are no "plan B" options.

Hopefully, we won't lose it for a week this time around.
--
Deeds, not words

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to PeteC2
We simply accumulate points

An accumulation of Helixers

Definitely stay safe!!!

Icarus
Premium,Mod
Off Center

3 recommendations

reply to PeteC2
said by PeteC2:

said by sortofageek:

Ward?
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Oh gooood!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to PeteC2

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

2 recommendations

reply to Icarus

said by Icarus:

said by PeteC2:

said by sortofageek:

Ward?

Troop? Coalition? Flange? Cloud? Caravan? Confusion? etc......
--
giz~

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..

1 recommendation

reply to Icarus
said by Icarus:

said by PeteC2:

said by sortofageek:

Ward?

Is that an abbreviation of psycho-ward?
--
Whoever said that ignorance is bliss wasn't refering to a person with a computer at his fingertips!

Cure Disease with your computer

Icarus
Premium,Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

said by rfhar:

Is that an abbreviation of psycho-ward?

Ummmm.........could be?

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
reply to PeteC2
Wishing everyone in the storm path well.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
Bristol, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by onDvine:

Wishing everyone in the storm path well.

Thanks, we may need all the luck we can get. I have some friends and family disturbingly close to the shore. Tried to get my mom to stay with us (she is in the south-east portion of the state, but on reasonably high ground), but she wouldn't go.
--
Deeds, not words