pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to bakoma

Re: Remote Desktop to home on Comcast

It may be that Comcast blocks the RDP port for residential connections, though I thought they did not.

Can you double check your firewall and forwarding settings? Some routers require you to both forward the port AND add it as an allowed port.

*Edit* And as graysonf See Profile said, if you're testing from an internal host, most commercial routers are not smart enough to allow connections to the external IP on the router from the LAN side.

But if you checked with an external web site, it sounds to me like the port forwarding and/or firewall rules are not working properly (or comcast is blocking that port, but I doubt it).

baoqiao

@purdue.edu
I forget to mention that I disabled my firewalls on either side. And I have exactly the same router used at other 2 other locations, they both allow NAS/RDP penetrating seamlessly. those working sites are MCI(T1) and RoadRunner.

Thanks for replying.

Netkeys

join:2000-12-08
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
Maybe your new employer is blocking your ports.

You might want to run Shields Up to check if the ports are blocked by your employer.

»www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

LogMeIn can use a web browser but needs to load a plugin to work. Not a seperate program or exe file.

taz291819

join:2002-08-31
Huntsville, AL
Another vote for LogMeIn. Works like a champ.