TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Charter
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect
reply to Litzner

Re: 470Ft Cable Run

If you don't want video services you could install get them to install a modem inside a weatherproof box you provide at the nearest point they will run it to. You'd be responsible for getting power to it.

You'll need a wireless bridge set like this:

Here is a Bridge kit: »www.ccrane.com/antennas/wifi-ant ··· kit.aspx

and you'll need two of these antennas for it:

»www.ccrane.com/antennas/wifi-ant ··· nna.aspx
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

Litzner

join:2012-10-26
I have a out building that is not heated, but has power, that is a bit closer to the road. I could then run a CAT6 cable from there to the house, but I don't think it will be close enough still, may shave 50-100ft off the run, I would have to walk it out.

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Charter
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect
said by Litzner:

I have a out building that is not heated, but has power, that is a bit closer to the road. I could then run a CAT6 cable from there to the house, but I don't think it will be close enough still, may shave 50-100ft off the run, I would have to walk it out.

I would not run CAT over the 328ft limit, if you need to run it further I would suggest getting two media converters and using fiber.

Is there a reason is has to be burred? Are there no poles? How is your power burred that far without a voltage drop or is there a 10kv line buried and a ground transformer near the house?
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

Litzner

join:2012-10-26
There is a ground transformer near the house, the CAT6 wouldn't be going near the 328ft limit.