uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON
reply to Stats

Re: CCTS Annual Report

It's also relevant to the client base size. If a company only has 1000 clients and 10 complaints it would be allot worse than another company with 100K clients and 100 complaints.

We also offer more than just one service.
We are currently offering DSL Internet, Cable Internet, Voip Phone service and soon TV service.

In the end the goal should be to always improve the service quality. The tough part is to strike the correct balance between growth and quality of service while still getting the best bang for the buck.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by Acanac Inc:

In the end the goal should be to always improve the service quality. The tough part is to strike the correct balance between growth and quality of service while still getting the best bang for the buck.

That's where you guys fall down. Whatever statements and promises you make, you really need to improve support and service quality because I know of no one that will ever recommend Acanac over other indies.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
It's an ongoing process and one that I put allot of resources into. In the end it's a balance. It's also about perception. For example your comment above in regards to Acanac getting no referrals. It's the exact opposite. At this time a good portion of our orders are coming from referrals and not direct advertising.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
said by Acanac Inc:

It's an ongoing process and one that I put allot of resources into. In the end it's a balance. It's also about perception. For example your comment above in regards to Acanac getting no referrals. It's the exact opposite. At this time a good portion of our orders are coming from referrals and not direct advertising.

Sure although if you still have the referral program I can see why. »www.acanac.ca/Referral-Program.html

The problem with that is people will refer other people only to get the financial incentive i.e. free internet. What would be interesting is seeing the stats of referrals and if they stay longer than 6 months and that would tell the complete picture.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
I can tell you that we have one of the lowest attrition rates in the industry. (Year over year)

We target a certain type of client that on average is looking for the best bang for the buck.

Let's assume we hired another 100 staff members while also increasing the rates and reducing the bandwidth allotments to cover the costs.

In my opinion this would be detrimental to the company. It's simply not our target market.

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
The problem is and I admit a challenge for every industry is, no matter the cost you will sooner or later have to raise rates or risk your customer base as you keep growing. Teksavvy I think ran into almost exactly the same situation and could have ended up in a bad situation.

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of business but I have seen those situations frequently and it's a tough spot.

Value propositions like offering referrals can also cause or increase problems if the customer specifically chooses to subscribe only because of that.

Zilch

@videotron.ca
Ebox has zero complaints. I don't even see their name on the list!

Just say'n.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

It's also relevant to the client base size.

Well... Let's look at it this way.

Videotron has over a million TV subs
Videotron has over a million internet subs
Videotron has over a million phone subs
Videotron has something like 0.5-million mobile/wireless subs

Total complaints: ~200 (keep in mind wireless is the bulk of the complaints).

Acanac for a single service: 78

I would call that significant, and very high considering client base size.

Cogeco has ~88.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Most people don't know CCTS even exists yet.. And most don't have the propensity to file a complaint having never had anywhere to turn to before or just don't ever take the time...

In contrast, most of our users will know about these things and won't be afraid to use it if they feel necessary.

I'd say its fair to compare similar sized entities to one another and also against what they're trying to achieve...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

FWIW, I know 2 people, one a neighbour, the other a friend's neighbour, that use Acanac. Both sing Acanac's praises up and down.

My neighbour thinks I'm nuts for not being with Acanac and tries to convert me damn near every time I see him. Seriously, the dude has Acanac rabies.

My friend's neighbour, when I suggested she consider trying TSI, went white as a sheet. She's been with Acanac forever. Not one problem. Ever. I don't think she likes me any more.

Acanac has it's fair share of fanboys.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
And you should ask if either one if they're paying for their Acanac connection, or if they have a 'freebie' from the referrals.
Expand your moderator at work