share rss forum feed

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
reply to goalieskates

Re: Some Guy Bought the Data of 1.1 Million Facebook Users

FYI

Firefox's new browser offers to fix the constant data leakage from Facebook Like Buttons affecting your surfing habbits.

"Without the Facebook Messenger feature enabled, my browser immediately exchanges cookies and downloads over 200K of content from Facebook even though I am only trying to read the news elsewhere."

»nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/10···security

said by Mele20:

But I agree, who cares? Facebook users believe in living in completely glass houses and having zero privacy at all times and for all things.

Maybe bandwidth will encourage some.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I get a blank page on all browsers when trying your link.

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

Try this instead.
»nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/10···erience/
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

That gives me a blank page also.

I went to sophos.com and got redirected to their English site. I could see that fine. Then I clicked on NakedSecurity icon on the sophos main page and got a blank page. Maybe that blog requires cookies? But I wasn't asked to accept any cookies and I don't have a block on cookies for either site.

I tried other browsers and none can get to that page on NakedSecurity. None can get to NakedSecurity even. Opera says the page cannot be found.

I think this is the problem and I don't appreciate Sophos trying this tracking:

»www.mydigitallife.info/remove-an···ner-url/

I get those tags in the url just like the above article mentions. Of course, I have Google analytics and all tracking blocked by Ghostery and my Hosts file.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson