spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01

[IA] ultra50 speeds have dropped badly in last 2 weeks

Looks like Iowa city may have an issue with downstream. Getting poor speeds and high latentcy. did we have another fiber cut or something?

DoctorX

to add... most of the sites in iowa are slow... but i hit a wiscoson server at 56Mb/5.6 up... so i dont think it is the local loop. I am beginning to think there is a backbone router dead somewhere

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
I see a spike in Downstream RX, are you using a splitter?

DoctorX

yes... but it is the one that tech put on.. i have it split 4 ways... I moved it to my booster to see if that was the problem, it wasnt... just havent been able to revert it.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to DoctorX
speeds here a little south are still good, to about any of the servers, latency 10ms

Dgc2002

join:2012-10-29
reply to DoctorX
My speeds have been sub-par on my ultra50 connection here in Coralville. Can hardly watch 480p videos sometimes :\

DoctorX

same here.. that is how i found out the problem.

DoctorX

reply to DoctorX
back to normal now... strange:
»speedtest.net/result/2273544658.png

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to DoctorX
Click for full size
There's something wrong at the headend, in Iowa City (hop #2), as it's been a little off the past couple of days.

DoctorX

that explains it.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to DoctorX
Click for full size
Sometimes I get a good spedtest.net test result, and then sometimes it won't finish the upload test.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to DoctorX
Click for full size
Then sometimes it's like this:

DeltaDart1

join:2007-12-13
Cedar Rapids, IA
reply to DoctorX
Would this affect Cedar Rapids? In the past 2 hrs. we have simply crashed here. Ran speed test's but nothing happens. Something is wrong here. Will be lucky to get this to post.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
There is an outage posted for the area and is a widespread issue throughout the state. These issues did start yesterday and would most likely be the cause of your problem. Since the issue is reported we are already working on a resolution. I do not have an accurate ETR at this point in time.

jrodson69

join:2012-10-02
Independence, IA
reply to DoctorX
Well, if it stays like this, I'd be a real happy camper.

Normally I can't even get a test to complete on that site or it ends up in the 2 to 4Mbps range on the download.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to DoctorX
Looks like it's back to normal for the past couple of hours.
Here's my 12/1 pkg results:

Wikked
Premium
join:2008-11-04
Des Moines, IA
reply to Dgc2002
480p on YouTube? IF so most likely it's not you, YouTube is known for throttling bandwidth to viewers. Right now I am getting 57Mbps down but can only pull 2Mbps down from YouTube. It sometimes takes a few minutes to load the video to even watch it.