Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: HMS Bounty (replica) has sunk....

»ca.news.yahoo.com/hurric ··· 868.html
Claudia McCann, whose husband is the captain of the Bounty, said she hadn't slept since she received word the ship was taking on water.

She said her husband, Captain Robin Walbridge, was trying to get around Hurricane Sandy en route to Florida.

"He was just trying to avoid it, skirt it. Skirt through it, skirt around it," McCann said Monday.

"I'm sure he's devastated. Absolutely devastated. But the crew comes first and you have to save the crew."
No idea what were they thinking in trying to get around a storm of that size. Maybe didn't want to park it in Halifax in case the waters get rough and the ship sinks in harbour?

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by ekster:

Claudia McCann, whose husband is the captain of the Bounty, said she hadn't slept since she received word the ship was taking on water.

She said her husband, Captain Robin Walbridge, was trying to get around Hurricane Sandy en route to Florida.

"He was just trying to avoid it, skirt it. Skirt through it, skirt around it," McCann said Monday.

"I'm sure he's devastated. Absolutely devastated. But the crew comes first and you have to save the crew."

Trying to out run or "get around" a hurricane in a sailing vessel???????
I would think twice about that in a freakin' battleship!

FaxCap