Search similar:

uniqs

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet

Is WOW's call center down?

I've been on hold for over 30 minutes now. The line is connected but heir system isn't playing the normal "on hold" music. Just silence after going through the initial menu selections.

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix

Surely WOW's VoIP network isn't routed through a datacenter on the east coast in the middle of a hurricane?
hudiat
join:2011-10-13

hudiat

Even in cleveland which is still far from the brunt of the storm power has been on and off, we are flooding in areas, Internet and cable have been dropping. Schools are closing, it's a mess. I couldn't imagine how bad it is moving further east.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

I know it is a mass thank goodness I still have power and cable and internet has not gone out.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

south1178 to stet

Premium Member

to stet
I have power, no cable or internet. But our local WOW center is horrible for having outages.
hudiat

hudiat

Yeah, but I think they get a free pass this time with everything being out.. The question is after power and everything gets back to normal will wow be behind the curve getting up and running and if so, by how much. There has to be line damage on my end a tree a few houses down blew into the lines and caught fire from the electric line. If the physical damage from the tree didn't cause issues, the fire probably did. If not I would be impressed. But, what good is cable and Internet without power. At least my battery backup for my pc was working. Took the pc off and everyone was able to get a full cell phone charge, and so far it is still lighting a single small light for the bathroom.
potance
join:2012-01-20
Utica, MI

potance to stet

to stet
From their Facebook:

Attention WOW! Customers - we are currently in the process of upgrading our administrative software. This may result in longer-than-usual hold times for those customers calling in to our customer care number today. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
anobix
join:2010-03-01
Columbus, OH

anobix to stet

to stet
Tried calling today to schedule an install+transfer of service [wife and I are moving this Saturday], was on hold for 30 minutes. First person I talked to transferred me somewhere else, spent another 20 minutes on hold to finally talk to someone - who has no idea how to use the software and had to put me on hold every 2-3 minutes for 5-10. After about 2 hours on the phone she tried to put me on hold and disconnected me, no attempt to call me back or anything [and we were almost done getting the appointment setup].

Definitely not happy, now I have to call back and sit through all of that again.

Do people not get trained in how to use new software for an environment like this? I work in IT and am very familiar with rolling out software to users, but they go through 2-3 days of training for something that is part of their daily routine/schedule.
anobix

anobix

Tried calling 3 times today, now just getting a busy signal.

Jayn
@wideopenwest.com

Jayn

Anon

I am unable to access the calling features on my WOW phone.
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1 to stet

to stet
Yeah, I tried calling the # tonight because my TV Guide is missing after 9:30pm tonight and not getting an answer, it either immediately rings busy or is just a dead line.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

We may be experiencing longer than normal hold times due to the billing system change, and the storms in the eastern part of the country. Please be patient, and if you get a busy signal, try calling back in a few minutes.
anobix
Columbus, OH

anobix

Thanks Dan for the reply --

I tried calling a few more times today, still just getting a busy signal. I hadn't thought about major service problems, but since [as far as I can tell] WOW is only based in the Midwest that there shouldn't/wouldn't be any catastrophic issues as if they were in NY/NJ/etc.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

south1178

Premium Member

said by anobix:

Thanks Dan for the reply --

I tried calling a few more times today, still just getting a busy signal. I hadn't thought about major service problems, but since [as far as I can tell] WOW is only based in the Midwest that there shouldn't/wouldn't be any catastrophic issues as if they were in NY/NJ/etc.

Northern Ohio is impacted by the same weather NY,NJ, etc has seen. We are going on day 5-6 of no power.
IT_guy_1999
join:2012-11-02

IT_guy_1999 to stet

to stet
I have been calling for at least 3 hours - nothing but busy signals.
hudiat

hudiat to south1178

to south1178
I just got power back a few hours ago in cleveland. Last update I saw still said 50k without power in the county. We got hit just as hard NY and NJ power outage wise. Granted other damage was much less, we still got hit hard.

Only reason we got power was for the 2nd time the fire department was called to put out a tree fire from a downed line, city got on them to get the line fixed, otherwise the ETA for my area was Monday by midnight to get power back.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to stet

to stet
I've been wondering.... why on earth would WOW proceed with rolling out a new billing/admin. software/system when a hurricane was supposed to hit? Wasn't WOW watching the weather forecasts?

Now they've got to deal with restoring service to those who lost service due to the storm *and* this new billing/admin system.
anobix
Columbus, OH

anobix to stet

to stet
Still getting busy signal at 9:22AM EST.
IT_guy_1999
join:2012-11-02

IT_guy_1999

I have been trying to call to ORDER service since last week... I guess I have to move on...
anobix
Columbus, OH

anobix

So after the issue that I had last Thursday on the phone it looks like the person that I was in contact with DID end up finishing the order despite me being disconnected. The installer was there when I got home from work (no notification that he would be there, but oh well) and everything is working (DVR that I brought from the apt and my personal moto6120 modem).

I chatted with the installer for about 30 minutes and he said that they have a really tough time right now as well, apparently all installers/techs have a single number to call in to and it takes between 1-2hours for them to get through.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to stet

to stet
Seems very odd that this has gone on for a week. Initially they said there might be a problem for one day.

At some point you'd think they would switch back to the old system or at least do something to fix this.
anobix
Columbus, OH

anobix

I forgot to mention, that what I was told was that employees were showing up to work the day of the switch and pretty much being told to figure it out. No prior notice/training. Apparently it was less of an 'upgrade' and more of a downgrade to save money.