Search similar:

uniqs
wilsonl
join:2004-04-17
Orlando, FL

1 edit

wilsonl

CableCard Provisioning

Within the last week, I have started to get some HD channels as not authorized. I have a TA and CableCard that has worked since the beginning of September. I have rebooted both to no avail. I have Standard tier of cable service and as an example, channel 1250 shows as not authorized on my Tivo. My IP is ###.###.###.##. (reposted to the correct forum)

Thanks for your help,

Lance
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Lance did you make any changes to your service within the last week or two by some chance? In the meantime I need to take a look so open a direct forums thread when you get a moment.

opp
@bhn.net

opp to wilsonl

Anon

to wilsonl
After your edit see you did TA too, how long did you leave it unplugged?
opp

opp to wilsonl

Anon

to wilsonl
You say rebooted did that include unplugging the TA to restart it? Some people have to plug TA into timer to turn it off every couple of weeks when not set to record anything.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by opp :

You say rebooted did that include unplugging the TA to restart it? Some people have to plug TA into timer to turn it off every couple of weeks when not set to record anything.

That is not necessary and send me anyone who is having to do that please.

opp
@bhn.net

opp

Anon

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by opp :

That is not necessary and send me anyone who is having to do that please.

Lots at tivocommunity, never saw any from Orlando though was hoping maybe brighthouse did not have the problem, is why I will watch (to see if it is TA problem) this thread will be getting card and TA as soon as I watch whats left on my DVR. Oddly the ones doing it have it unplugged for 20 minutes I have no idea how they came up with that number. Like I said seems to be mostly comcast customers was relieved I never saw anyone from brighthouse having TA problems.
wilsonl
join:2004-04-17
Orlando, FL

wilsonl

When I returned my SA DVR I changed the service to Standard, two months ago. No changes since then. The Tivo has been working like a champ. No need to reboot the TA or Tivo.

Reboot = unplug TA and Tivo for 5 minutes. Power on Tivo and get "no TA connected message". Power on TA, Tivo sees it and things are back up.

My guess would be that I am provisioned at the Basic and not Standard service. Knock on wood, the equipment and service has been flawless up till now.

Thanks,

Lance
wilsonl

wilsonl

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the call today. I got the VM. Great service!

I checked and am now receiving all expected channels. What did you find out?

Lance
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to wilsonl

Premium Member

to wilsonl
It appears you removed digital service from the account the last time you called. It has been fixed....if that was your intention let me ken ow and I will reverse it.