carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

2 edits
reply to Money

Re: CCTS Annual Report

Many people think the CCTS is an arm of the CRTC, but it is just a complaints resolution scheme created by the telecom companies themselves. They all pay a contribution to make it function and I think it s normal that a company that has many complaints would have to contribute more to its budget. After all, that company causes a certain expense to treat each complaint.

Employers who have many accidents at work also pay more to the Workers Compensation Board. It s the same principle.

I also found out by experience that the CCTS will accept your complaint only if they are the only organism that is mandated by you to get a financial settlement for you. If you tell them you are also using other means, they decline your case because they are an arbitration scheme. You cannot at the same time use litigation like Small Claims Court.

I have no reason to think they are not impartial at the CCTS, but that they forbid simultaneous litigation to take your case shows they also protect companies.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by carcajou:

Employers who have many accidents at work also pay more to the Workers Compensation Board. It s the same principle.

I also found out by experience that the CCTS will accept your complaint only if they are the only organism that is mandated by you to get a financial settlement for you. If you tell them you are also using other means, they decline your case because they are an arbitration scheme. You cannot at the same time use litigation like Small Claims Court.

Which makes sense.

carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac

said by hm :

said by carcajou:

Which makes sense.

Yes it makes sense in a way. But it means in practice that they will simply examine if the ISP fulfilled his obligations as per the contract/TOS between you and the ISP and the CCTS will decide if you should get refunded.
But they dont pass judgment on the ISP s general business practices for example.
Or if you are entitled to a charge back from your credit card issuer, they are suddenly not interested in the case also even if those business practices are scandalous. You ll get an automatic refund from your bank...then it s not their problem.

LostTheGame

join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to carcajou

said by carcajou:

but that they forbid simultaneous litigation to take your case shows they also protect companies.

The CCTS is a mediator; plain and simple. litigation can set precedence; CCTS decisions cannot.

acanacuser

@acanac.net

i user acanac and i would recommend them also.
over teksavvy any day .
having had both. acanac has just been far more stable in my experience and far more interested in providing me a valuable service
rather then, paying employees large $ to be there to help with issues on in bell/rogers/cogeco's control and timeframe anyway.

AcanacUser

@acanac.net

I've had Acanac for over a year, and their system is fairly stable, and the speed is good. However, don't bother trying to call their customer support - it's virtually non-existent. Also the referral program is worthless, I have referred a friend who signed up, and they gave me a run-a-round because he signed up with Cable and my service is DSL. So I never got the free month.

My one year is almost up, and you would expect they would offer me the same deal they offer new customers to keep me, but are offering me the service at full-price. I hate it when providers do this "only for new customers" it's bullshit!

Bottom line is this; their customer service is crap; their technical support is virtual non-existent, their referral program is bull, and their retention strategy is not appealing (to me). At the end of the day, although their prices are low, there's a lot left to be wished for...

I'm currently looking at other options and start and ebox are starting to look quite appealing.