spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

davem123

join:2012-10-30

BSOD help please

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me i have recently experienced 2 blu screens, both while playing different versions of the same game(fate 1 and fate 4 the cursed king)
the crash report is as follows

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102912-21403-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800031EDFA0, 0xFFFFF8800256FE10, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but whilst searching for help i noticed you had helped other ppl with similar problems, thanks in advance.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Have you overclocked anything?

Tel

join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC
reply to davem123
Could be several things. A bad stick of memory will cause this or a corrupt driver. Have you checked to make sure all your drivers are up to date? I would lean toward your graphics card or driver.

auggy
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON
kudos:18
reply to davem123
Welcome to BBR!

It may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and attach to a post in this thread?

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop.