uniqs
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: [Classes] Monk Mistweaver

said by Exodus:

Now I just need to get some better gear because I'm going OOM too soon.

Monks go oom?? jp, but as long as you have >6000 spirit you should be fine for LFR. At first I wasnt using the mana tea glyph as I liked to get longer channels during down time, but man that thing is legit. Use it on cd and youll finish each fight with lots of blue bar in the tank.

Make sure on the Spiritbinder fight(especially on LFR) you go into the totem heal your self with sooth.instant surging mist then leave. You'll be full mana all fight and can just spam glyphed uplift. I think the run I did this past week in LFR I was chilling around 60% healing done or some shenanigans.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

That glyph still requires you to have charges to consume, right?
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic

The mana tea one yes, the uplift one no.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

I don't know if I agree with using the Uplift glyph to where it uses mana instead of Chi.

I kept mine as the original with using the 2 Chi to cast Uplift. By the time I regain 2 Chi to use Uplift, the HoT has passed to at least 3 players/pet to make it most effective...and it's essentially free to cast at that point. I'd think you'd go OOM too quick if you had Enveloping Mist cost mana AND Uplift too. Isn't that like a total of 5k mana for EM + UL? Costly in high raid damage encounters.

Mana tea is one of those REQUIRED glyphs. Consume 2 stacks of mana tea for instant mana regain.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think that the Uplift Glyph will be more valuable as time goes on. Chi is a resource that is finite, even with gear. As you progress through different content, spirit will only increase. Your effective mana pool (despite your mana bar staying the same) will increase.

Eventually, your mana regen will be ridiculous enough to feel like the Uplift glyph will be worth something. With the Thunder Tea, I'm able to keep the HoT up on over half the raid. When raid damage hit, I had 4 chi points and was able to hit uplift twice for massive amounts of raid heals.
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic

I'm not saying its a must use at all. Im just stating that once you have the spirit to sustain it, it is amazing. Granted for moments where burst is needed I can simply have my renewing mist rolling with atleast 3 chi at hand, and use focus mana tea/ uplift on the intial healing hit to renew everyones mist to full duration as well as double my uplifts healing, then energiving brew back to full chi and uplift twice more.

Like I sid my gear is far from amazing, but I have yet to have a fight cause mana issues for me unless I am doing soemthing wrong or trying out some burst combos when not needed. I believe unbuffed I am closing in on 9k spirit with the on use spirit trinket(1min cd) and the Darkmoon spirit procc to bost that higher.

On a side note, I still think the general population doesn't respect mistweavers in pvp as there aren't any reckful, talbradar or soda caliber mistweavers atm, but I have been helping the stigma in Sargeras pug RBG groups. People have been blown away by my aoe healing in lol zerg fests like Temple and Mine bg's. Hopefully monks will become more accepted in general and I won't have to play the ask XYZ about me..