uniqs
share rss forum feed

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1

gamestop (zoe / ac3 / halo4)

Asked my boyfriend to get me ZOE HD collection yesterday when he went to pick up AC3 and they said it was only available for people who pre-ordered.

It's been awhile since I've shopped at a gamestop.

Went in today after I did a online pick up in store purchase for zoe and the guy said they only had 1 left when I got there. (And my online in store pick up ordered hadn't been processed)

lolz employee said that they don't get many copies of games anymore unless people pre-order them.

I pre-ordered halo 4 cause he was giving great customer service and apparently the pre-order benefits the employee greatly. I was going to buy halo 4 anyway lol.

Anywho, I love ZOE but it was such a HUGE plus that it comes with MGS Revengeance demo! The game is AWESOME!!
--
dslreports.com

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

Yeah, to reduce overhead on games that "might not sell" or "aren't big names", most GameStops won't even get any of some titles in if they're not pre-ordered.

Personally, when I go in to a store that sell video games, I probably want a video game *now*, and not in a month or two. My local Best Buy generally has a better selection of new games.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

carp
Rejected

join:2002-10-30
reply to monchis

The ZOE remaster looks interesting. Never played the originals. Think I'll try and hunt down a copy

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1
reply to monchis

If you've never played the originals I highly recommend it even more.

I mostly bought it cause of the mgr demo.
--
dslreports.com

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

I picked up ZoE HD because ZoE 2 was one of the cult hits that was/is hard to find and because I picked up the first one when I got my PS2, which brings back good memories.

carp
Rejected

join:2002-10-30
reply to monchis

Found ZOE first stop. I thought you meant Ace Combat 3 (ac3), haha

pablothespic

join:2003-05-04
Winter Park, FL
reply to monchis

same thing here. i walked into gamestop after hurricane and saw a big golden book which looked like a metal gear game. asked the women behind the counter to see it and it was kojima's masterpiece ZOE HD collectos edition. she told me they only had 1 left since the rest were all preorders. Bein that my fave series of all time is the metal gear series and this is my first time playing ZOE HD i was like wow i am def in for a treat so i picked it up. Just started playing the first one and was amazed.
also loving the revengeance demo. you can cut anything into any shape. accidentally cut down the bridge and had to restart a few times.