Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus to RobinK

Premium Member

to RobinK

Re: Disney is buying lucasfilm, starwars 7 comes out in 2015.

The company that brought you The Avengers and The Pirates of the Caribbean can't make a decent Stars Wars trilogy?

I have faith. I may be the only one, but I have faith in Disney.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

The company that brought you The Avengers and The Pirates of the Caribbean can't make a decent Stars Wars trilogy?

It's not the studio so much as it's the director. Avengers had a really good director and it turned out great.

Lucas directed eps 1, 2, 3, and 4. Ep 5 (Empire Strikes Back) was directed by Irvin Kershner. Ep 6 (Return of the Jedi) was directed by Richard Marquand. Marquand did a lot of TV work, but Jedi was only his second feature film. Kershner directed 17 movies, several TV shows, and a host of documentaries. He was a Saturn award winner for best director. It's no coincidence that Empire is the best of all six Star Wars movies.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

One person I know thinks they'll shift the target demo, to children.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
My only fear is that, while Disney did an awesome job with the first Pirates, the same can't be said of the other 3 (or 4? I lost count and interest pretty quick.)

I have a feeling they'll make an awesome movie in 2015, and then it'll quickly start sliding down to mediocre and forgettable at best.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

well Pirates was based on a ride at disney world so they had to invent story for it.

where as George already wrote the story for 7-9.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

My only fear is that, while Disney did an awesome job with the first Pirates, the same can't be said of the other 3 (or 4? I lost count and interest pretty quick.)

I have a feeling they'll make an awesome movie in 2015, and then it'll quickly start sliding down to mediocre and forgettable at best.

I thought the others were fantastic. I don't know. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.