spc
uniqs

Anon_One
@verizon.net

Anon_One to serge87

Anon

to serge87

Re: [Northeast] Download Speeds inconsistent

Since October 19 I been seeing very slow download speed that is unacceptable. Paying for 25/25. I am getting 25 / 1 MBPS or less. Called Verizon, tech could not do anything on their end. Replaced router and ONT. Nothing. Tech said problem is at the pod that a card needs to be replaced. It is a local problem (I am in Wakefield, MA) and affecting people in Wakefield and Stoneham, MA. Don't know when it will be back to normal but at least they know about it and it will get fix. If I call the 800 number, they won't know what I am talking about. So I am hanging in there. Anyone with upload issues? U I am also experiencing slow download speed on and off but it seems to be at night and not during the day.
noebl1
join:2003-01-03
MA, USA

noebl1

At least for the day/night download speed, I seem to be seeing that. If I VPN home and do a speed test during the day, it's not full speed, but typically have been 30/25 (out of 75/35), at night no where near that

I will say I was impressed... our area got hit by the storm, had no power, generator kicked on and FIOS still worked fine the whole time. Can't say that for when I had Comcast last year during the snow storm before I moved here (and I was in a more urban env there compared to now in the woods.)

-Mike
scott523
join:2005-12-02
Upper Darby, PA

scott523

I was also impressed how there were no service disruptions from Sandy. However, I think I may have spoke too soon.

Since arriving home this morning, I'm having some sort of issue with my FiOS. It's like I'm losing packets or timing out. Every page I go usually requires a refresh. The page fully loads once I'm successful. From the speed tests it seems I'm getting bursts of data like a knotted hose with spurts of water coming through, making it impossible to use Netflix. It's driving me a little crazy. Is anyone else having this issue? Could it be Verizon slowing me down to make repairs?

Edit: Fixed just when I made this post.
noebl1
join:2003-01-03
MA, USA

noebl1

Either I'm really lucky or they are working on it... mind you I have the 75/35 plan with a BPON ONT so may be a bit inflated by their test:

-Mike