uniqs
DSL_Ricer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-22

DSL_Ricer to eeeaddict

Premium Member

to eeeaddict

Re: Cheapest GIGABIT colo?

Depending on what you're doing and if you're willing to sacrifice Colo and instead get a dedicated box you can get 300mbit/s for 150$/month at OHV canada. Four of those boxes would possibly still be cheaper than cogent and they come with 6TB disk per unit.
Or, at the very least, if you need to prove your concept, this would provide a cheap way of doing it.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

said by DSL_Ricer:

Depending on what you're doing and if you're willing to sacrifice Colo and instead get a dedicated box you can get 300mbit/s for 150$/month at OHV canada. Four of those boxes would possibly still be cheaper than cogent and they come with 6TB disk per unit.
Or, at the very least, if you need to prove your concept, this would provide a cheap way of doing it.

+1 for OVH Canada.

The other possible option might be »iweb.ca
Cyborg994
join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC

Cyborg994

Iweb does not do gigabit on colo, and their bandwith rates for colo are very high, I would not recommend.

You can ask at netelligent.ca, their colo rates are fairly affordable, and I had 0 issue with them on my dedicated servers with them. Not sure if they offer gigabit ports... I am thinking of installing a colo server there myself.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

iWeb certainly does do gigabit colo. You get a neutral half-rack for $399, which includes a free cross-connect to the meet-me room. You then contract your bandwidth directly with any provider you want, which includes Videotron, Tata/Teleglobe, MTO, Cogent, FibreNoire, Peer1, Level3, Deutsche Telekon, etc.

I don't know if Cogent does the buck-a-meg deal in Montreal, but if they do, that would be $1400 a month for a half rack (22U), 15 amps, and a gigabit unmetered.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

iWeb certainly does do gigabit colo. You get a neutral half-rack for $399, which includes a free cross-connect to the meet-me room. You then contract your bandwidth directly with any provider you want, which includes Videotron, Tata/Teleglobe, MTO, Cogent, FibreNoire, Peer1, Level3, Deutsche Telekon, etc.

I don't know if Cogent does the buck-a-meg deal in Montreal, but if they do, that would be $1400 a month for a half rack (22U), 15 amps, and a gigabit unmetered.

I'm sure Hurricane (he.net) will get very low on pricing for connectivity there.

Thanks for backing up my post though.