how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zoomer30

join:2003-05-01
Mason City, IA

[Cable TV] Mediacom cuts into Weather Channel with commercials

This has been going on for weeks, the anchors will be talking about something, or there will be a show on, then BOOM they get cut off and there is a commercial,unusually for MC22. Then you miss a good bit of what is being said.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117

Re: [Cable TV] Mediacom cuts into Weather Channel with commercia

Does this happen in HD or SD?

Mediacom Sux

@mchsi.com
"Mediacom Puts Its Own Ads On Other Websites, Including Google & Apple: from the lawsuit-waiting-to-happen dept"

»www.techdirt.com/articles/201102···le.shtml

Mediacom Sux

@mchsi.com
reply to Zoomer30
Legally, Mediacom is supposed to allow users to opt out, but the opt out button does not work. They have been claiming that it is a bug for several years but keep redirecting my internet searches in order to advertise to me. It has never stopped and I can't get away from their advertisements while on line or when they interrupt my tv programming and they don't care if they interrupt any tv show to do it.

Browser hijacking and deep packet sniffing is actually illegal, but Mediacom does it to it's customers anyway.

»yro.slashdot.org/story/11/04/27/···4-errors

Mediacom Sux

@mchsi.com
reply to MediacomChad
You think that's bad? Mediacom also interrupts your internet searches and changes the address you were trying to go to just to advertise to you!

»Mediacom Users Struggle To Opt Out Of DNS Redirection Ads

Zoomer30

join:2003-05-01
Mason City, IA
reply to Zoomer30
Sorry forgot to respond. Its the SD channel, The Weather Channel does not have an HD version (AFAIK). Its channel 62.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
I will be happy to put in a single channel ticket for you.