Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to daeron

Premium Member

to daeron

Re: Speed bump in Rogers Areas?

Yes I suspect so, we have not received official word yet but the package changes will flow out to us as well.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

Big cost implications with those changes, yikes! And those poor DCM425s are looking less attractive now that Docsis 2 isn't so appropriate for Express

There is a gaping hole between 6mbit/256kbit and 25mbit/2mbit!

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52 to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

Yes I suspect so, we have not received official word yet but the package changes will flow out to us as well.

Will the bandwidth cap stay the same on current 32\1 package? 400 GB

Thanks

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by damir52:

Thanks

It's interesting, but after changing from 10 mbit/sec Cogeco Business to 30/2 Start package, i don't see my bandwidth consumption going up -- just things download a lot quicker. But that doesn't mean that the bandwidth cap shouldn't be increased. Maybe might have to wait for the CRTC to mandate lower wholesale prices.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to damir52

Premium Member

to damir52
said by damir52:

Yes, cost still the same too.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to silvercat

Premium Member

to silvercat
said by silvercat:

It's interesting, but after changing from 10 mbit/sec Cogeco Business to 30/2 Start package, i don't see my bandwidth consumption going up -- just things download a lot quicker.

This is usually the case for most people - usage either only very slightly increases, or stays the same.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by Gone:

said by silvercat:

It's interesting, but after changing from 10 mbit/sec Cogeco Business to 30/2 Start package, i don't see my bandwidth consumption going up -- just things download a lot quicker.

This is usually the case for most people - usage either only very slightly increases, or stays the same.

That's what I've been trying to make people understand for years.