Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ExoticFish

Re: Getting 305/65

Actually not unreasonable compared to a dedicaticated line in a non-business core location.
Obviously whfsdude See Profile thinks it's the most reasonable offer today, and beats what he'll likely see over the next 3 years, at that location.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree IF you need that type of pipe it's not unreasonable. Just not something I can see a lot of people being able to afford.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to tshirt
said by tshirt:

Actually not unreasonable compared to a dedicaticated line in a non-business core location.
Obviously whfsdude See Profile thinks it's the most reasonable offer today, and beats what he'll likely see over the next 3 years, at that location.

It's not about the reasonableness of the cost of the product. Its just that some, maybe most, of us can't afford even a modest shack in Los Altos Hills, or Monte Sereno.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
still it fits several markets.
Say you comute from Los Altos Hills to SF, and this allows you a few days a month to work from home without being out of touch, the difference in your car lease milage& Insurance or not having to call the car service would probably pay for it, and any having fast access to your work from any/multiple business locations, this would have value.
While the cloud/a colo makes sense for public access, there is some sense of control/security rather than carrying a laptop with a large drive, to having a simple laptop VPN to your own secure storage.
Not that I need it anymore, but I'd be curious to see a map showing exactly where this can reach using TODAY's plant.