spc
Search similar:

uniqs

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

1 recommendation

buddahbless

Lets see, 5GB free storage, 2GB data cap ?

WIN FOR AT&T, FAIL FOR THE CONSUMER....

This may help the average joe (consumer) notice just how there being blindsided by ATT's data caps and overages.

Unless ATT allows you unlimited usage and streaming from there cloud and it not count against your data package... LOL let me stop dreaming.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by buddahbless:

WIN FOR AT&T, FAIL FOR THE CONSUMER....

This may help the average joe (consumer) notice just how there being blindsided by ATT's data caps and overages.

Unless ATT allows you unlimited usage and streaming from there cloud and it not count against your data package... LOL let me stop dreaming.

I didn't see a data cap. Please link to your source.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I believe he is referring to your smartphone data plan.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless to Nightfall

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

Note I said Unless, However at the end of the press release read the fine print...

(AT&T Locker
Requires compatible iPhone 3GS or higher or Android 2.1 or higher smartphone, or internet access from computer. You must enable the Easy Upload feature in order for your content to be automatically uploaded to the AT&T cloud.

"""" Download and usage from wireless device may consume data.""""

Service intended for US based customers only. For terms, see att.com/wirelesslegal. )

Now Theres no mention that this will NOT count against your data it only mention that it MAY consume data. In those worded terms on there wireless network and not over wifi I speculate it will count.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ptrowski

MVM

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

I believe he is referring to your smartphone data plan.

I was looking at this as another Dropbox like application.
Nightfall

Nightfall to buddahbless

MVM

to buddahbless
said by buddahbless:

said by Nightfall:

Note I said Unless, However at the end of the press release read the fine print...

(AT&T Locker
Requires compatible iPhone 3GS or higher or Android 2.1 or higher smartphone, or internet access from computer. You must enable the Easy Upload feature in order for your content to be automatically uploaded to the AT&T cloud.

Service intended for US based customers only. For terms, see att.com/wirelesslegal. )

Now Theres no mention that this will NOT count against your data it only mention that it MAY consume data. In those worded terms on there wireless network and not over wifi I speculate it will count.

First off, its like Dropbox. I would speculate you are correct, but AT&T has been known to not count data that is used on AT&T services against the cap. I guess we will see how it all pans out.

For 5gb of free storage, this could be a good alternative to Dropbox or Sugarsync or Google Drive.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to buddahbless

to buddahbless
said by buddahbless:

What exactly do they mean by "may consume data"?

Is there ever a time that you pass packets back and forth that it does not consume data?

Why do they not simply say Download and usage from wireless device WILL consume data?

Stating "MAY" is 100% false, stating "WILL" is 100% true.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

said by buddahbless:

What exactly do they mean by "may consume data"?

Is there ever a time that you pass packets back and forth that it does not consume data?

Why do they not simply say Download and usage from wireless device WILL consume data?

Stating "MAY" is 100% false, stating "WILL" is 100% true.

If I connect from my phone via WiFi or from my computer, how much data will I consume...?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Depends, if you have at&t dsl or uverse, you still have the possibility of getting charged! lol! They got this down pat!

BlueMagic
join:2008-03-30
Riverside, IL

BlueMagic to ptrowski

to ptrowski
ptrowski are you still here? Good to see you, my good man.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by BlueMagic:

ptrowski are you still here? Good to see you, my good man.

There goes the neighborhood!