share rss forum feed

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Aaerox

Re: [Extreme Plus] New Speeds Effective December 1st

I received a similar message this morning for my Extreme speed-boost. I was surprised to see this injected message as I do not use the Rogers DNS servers.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by hurleyp:

I received a similar message this morning for my Extreme speed-boost. I was surprised to see this injected message as I do not use the Rogers DNS servers.

That is interesting, isn't it? I use a DNS service for my MLBTV, HuluPlus and Netflix without issue, yet I still seem to be calling home to crappy Rogers.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by J E F F:

said by hurleyp:

That is interesting, isn't it? I use a DNS service for my MLBTV, HuluPlus and Netflix without issue, yet I still seem to be calling home to crappy Rogers.

Injecting content into your HTTP sessions has nothing to do with DNS. Switching DNS providers only prevents them from sending you to that (completely useless) search result page when you request an invalid domain name.