how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

knuckle

join:2010-12-10
Worcester, MA

[HSI] About ready to drop charter and go back to 3mb/s DLS

Slow speed for 2 days. I'm talking dial-up performance. I'm on a PC that is direct to the modem. I have 2 Imac's (REAL COMPUTERS) that use a time capsule.

So a tech came out today, and of course, everything worked fine 5 minutes before he arrived. This is the same crap as 10 years ago when I had charter and got rid of it for DSL. Got sick of DSL and paying $70 a month for 3mb/s service.

So I'm back again and I'm on my 2nd modem. I purchased a new modem tonight and it's no help. Same problem. So another tech is coming out tomorrow.

I mean it's frign 2012, doesn't charter have any advanced diagnostics? Other than some guy who's technical ability is only swapping modems? I mean come on Charter.

What's the next step?

knuckle

Worcester, MA
Here's the log from the new modem. 1/2 way through it was provisioned by charter on the phone.

ime Not Established Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=00:0b:...
Time Not Established Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=00:0b:...
Time Not Established Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.3;CM-MAC=00:0b:...
Time Not Established Warning (5) ToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=00:0b:b6:15:0a...
Time Not Established Warning (5) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC...
Thu Nov 01 18:36:09 2012 Critical (3) Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;CM-MAC=00:0b:b...
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:0b:b6:15...
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f...
Time Not Established Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:0b:b6:15...
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC f...
Time Not Established Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Time Not Established Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q...
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received;CM-MAC=00:0b:b...

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

3 edits
reply to knuckle
said by knuckle:

I have 2 Imac's (REAL COMPUTERS) that use a time capsule.

There's your problem. My PC is fast, fast, FAST on Charter.

Why would you take a modem log during provisioning, or maybe consider the storm effect on the East coast region as a possibility.

knuckle

Worcester, MA
That's just the whole log from a couple hours ago, I installed the modem, they set it up and I posted the log here. I have no idea if it's because of the storm. This crap started yesterday. If it's because of the storm, I would have think they would have mentioned it ??

knuckle

Worcester, MA
reply to knuckle
Thu Nov 01 19:29:46 2012 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to receive MAC S...
Thu Nov 01 19:25:50 2012 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
Thu Nov 01 19:06:59 2012 Error (4) DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-M...
Time Not Established Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type:

Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
It's most likely due to the storm, why not give Charter a few days to iron it out instead of frothing at the mouth mad over a few days of issues. If you want to see problems, go check out CenturyLink or another ISP that generally receives bad reviews here, what you're describing is at best a local issue due to the weather recently and at worst a more widespread problem that is, again, due to the recent weather you've received. Either way a problem like that will get fixed quicker than you would expect. It's not an instant process. Downed lines, etc can't be magically wished away.

AKA Chill out and give them time to actually fix it. Seriously.

knuckle

Worcester, MA
reply to knuckle
Well if they could tell me it's because of the storm, I'm cool with that, but why would they waste their time sending a tech out if they knew it's because of the storm?

whoaru99

reply to knuckle
If you are dissatisfied with your local response then I'd suggest using the Charter Direct part of this forum.

We can speculate a long time but likely none of us can fix it. Charter Direct can get the real wheels turning or, if nothing else, confirm/refute suspicions of the storm effect.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Just in case you missed the link the link for the Direct forum, which would give you much better results for your issue, it's right at the top of this forum, and here, »/forum/charterdirect also.

Good luck
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

knuckle

Worcester, MA
Tried the direct forum. NO RESPONSE.

STILL DOES NOT WORK.

I was told by the last tech that "I'd wake up one day and it will work."

There was a problem in the area. 4 days ago. There is still a problem. I've contacted the Mayors office in Worcester, MA

I'm contacting the Attorney General and I've filed a BBB complaint. I run a business. I'm an Oracle DBA and I need my internet fixed. No excuses.

I'm the customer. Help me. Please. I pay good money for this service.

knuckle

Worcester, MA
reply to knuckle
It's cause of Ingress sir, is what I'm told.

I don't care if it's caused by Bob, Phil, Harry, Rusty Bolt. I really don't give a crap. I pay for a service, when it breaks, you fix it.

THAT'S THE DEAL CHARTER. FIX IT.

iwinrar

join:2010-03-18
reply to knuckle
Have fun with your 70$ a month for 3mb/s of service again.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
said by iwinrar:

Have fun with your 70$ a month for 3mb/s of service again.

Usually you can get that speed for around 14.95/mo for a one or two year contract price.

whoaru99

reply to knuckle

said by knuckle:I run a business. I'm an Oracle DBA and I need my internet fixed. No excuses.

If it's that critical to your business then you should probably get the business plan. I've been led to believe you get higher priority that way.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
reply to knuckle
I'm in Worcester and I haven't had problems at home (east side) or at work (business account in the City Hall area).
--
Some people don't know what they don't know.

iwinrar

join:2010-03-18
reply to 15444104
he was saying he was getting that price for that speed.

haworcester

@charter.com
reply to knuckle
Worcester has to be the worst charter area in the nation. Find something else.

eh

@charter.com
I lived over by lincoln plaza and never had a problem in the year and a half I lived there with Charter.

cryptic1911

join:2010-01-24
Willimantic, CT
reply to knuckle
goto »192.168.100.1 to get to your modem's web page, and see what the signal readings are. It should be listed there. You might have crap signal, or a bad end on a cable someplace