vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:2
reply to Markie

Re: [Serious] Statists, be proud! re: Ashley Smith

Causing a public disturbance, throwing apples, trespassing, hell a lot of kids in North America could be accused of this at some point in their life...

Probably not well behaved or ideal behaviour but hardly a criminal...

She was a very sick young lady who deserved medical attention. She fell through the cracks. If anyone is guilty it is us. To move onward on this situation, we must first look inward at ourselves as a society and ask what is our goal, what is our aim for our society to evolve, to become better... Putting sick people who have committed no real crimes other then juvenile pranks into our prison system is not in our best interests...

Sorry I have NO time for real criminals (you all know that and my soap box stands on crime) but Ashley was not a criminal... For her I have nothing but compassion and a sense of failure.

Our goal should be to look after the meek, the infirm, the elder and not toss them aside.. We tossed Ashley aside and put her into the junk heap when all she needed was some loving care...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by vue666:

She was a very sick young lady who deserved medical attention. She fell through the cracks.

No, she did not. She freakin' fell into a deep, dark hole because there were not and still are not adequate mental health services for youth.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by DKS:

She freakin' fell into a deep, dark hole because there were not and still are not adequate mental health services for youth.

Understatement of the century.