share rss forum feed

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

If I had an iPad app I'd be watching TV!

Generator running essential items since we lost power on Monday. ONT/Router powered but don't want to turn on the TV, cable box, audio system, etc. If this fictitious iPad app existed I'd be watching TV too! :-(

Am impressed that FIOS is up and running since we have 5 poles down 100 yards from my home.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
Well the fios cables are pretty thick. Guy I work with has a tree lying on his, still has service.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to GeekNJ
said by GeekNJ:

Am impressed that FIOS is up and running since we have 5 poles down 100 yards from my home.

My Neighbors tree took down all the lines and the utility poll in front of my house and atm I am still able to use the phone, watch some FIOS channels (most have degraded signal but around 30 still come in) and use the internet. Pretty amazing considering the fiber line was stretched at least 25 feet. Too bad the electrical line couldn't do the same..

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to GeekNJ
That's what we get for an incredibly aging electricity infrastructure.
Expand your moderator at work

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Mansfield, TX
reply to GeekNJ

Re: If I had an iPad app I'd be watching TV!

Well you do have HBO GO, SHO Anytime, ABC Player, NC, TNT, Syfy, The CW, and USA Anywhere as a start! You can also sign up for Netflix first month free!
Expand your moderator at work

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ
kudos:2
reply to GeekNJ

Re: If I had an iPad app I'd be watching TV!

I am glad the Gulf was pumping too!! and BK

bobc2112

join:2004-01-04
Middletown, NJ
reply to GeekNJ
I hooked up the generator to the ONT and powered up the router and one TV and STB. It really made the situation easier on everyone. Grandma and Sister who bugged out from South Jersey and Kids were able to relax with some normalcy, while the wife and I took care of the property etc. Kudos to Verizon, whether it is the nature of Fiber I don't know but I am happy to be a customer.

I feel so bad for those people really affected by the storm, we had about 7 trees down and that was nothing compared to those folks who lost everything. We got power back yesterday.

If anyone needs gas and feels like jumping on the parkway the service area @ Forked River had no lines yesterday and since its Ocean County no Odd / Even stuff. Also all the gas stations on Rt72 are open with absolutely no lines....

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage
reply to GeekNJ
said by GeekNJ:

Generator running essential items since we lost power on Monday. ONT/Router powered but don't want to turn on the TV, cable box, audio system, etc. If this fictitious iPad app existed I'd be watching TV too! :-(

I did the same as you. Powered the ONT and the router for 7 days w/o power. Was amazed it was up. A+.
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Begging the Wilpons to sell the Mets.

dcborn61

join:2001-02-14
Bethesda, MD
reply to siersema
said by siersema:

Well you do have HBO GO, SHO Anytime, ABC Player, NC, TNT, Syfy, The CW, and USA Anywhere as a start! You can also sign up for Netflix first month free!

And you didn't include CNN and WatchESPN too!

sg

join:2007-07-23
Montclair, NJ

1 edit
reply to GeekNJ
nm