uniqs
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned) to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2

Re: Apple is operated by children

said by fiberguy2:

It's not the court's place to order an apology.. talk about childish.

If you said your neighbor tore up your yard, you sue them, and at the end of the case the judge disagrees with your case as presented, would you want the court to make you post a public sign in your yard where you're made to say "I'm sorry I sued my neighbor, he did nothing wrong"... It's not the court's place.. it's a civil court case, not criminal.

The court is way out of line...

In your example, the courts could also dismiss the case "with prejudice" which would not only say you were wrong but you also had to pay the legal fees of the other party.

I would rather apologize then pay the other side's legal fees.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

said by moonpuppy:

said by fiberguy2:

It's not the court's place to order an apology.. talk about childish.

If you said your neighbor tore up your yard, you sue them, and at the end of the case the judge disagrees with your case as presented, would you want the court to make you post a public sign in your yard where you're made to say "I'm sorry I sued my neighbor, he did nothing wrong"... It's not the court's place.. it's a civil court case, not criminal.

The court is way out of line...

In your example, the courts could also dismiss the case "with prejudice" which would not only say you were wrong but you also had to pay the legal fees of the other party.

I would rather apologize then pay the other side's legal fees.

Britain is a loser pays system, so Apple does more or less have to pay legal fees.

just like most other countries other then America.
tanzam75
join:2012-07-19

tanzam75

said by BonezX:

Britain is a loser pays system, so Apple does more or less have to pay legal fees.

The British legal system also does not look kindly upon what are called "vexatious litigants." People who frequently launch meritless lawsuits solely for the harassment value can be denied access to the courts in the future.

The sort of passive-aggressive behavior that American lawyers engage in would get them disbarred in most developed nations. The court system is less clogged up when the lawyers aren't pursuing every technicality to slow down the process. This saves money for the litigants, it saves money for the taxpayer, and it provides better access to justice.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

said by tanzam75:

said by BonezX:

The sort of passive-aggressive behavior that American lawyers engage in would get them disbarred in most developed nations. The court system is less clogged up when the lawyers aren't pursuing every technicality to slow down the process. This saves money for the litigants, it saves money for the taxpayer, and it provides better access to justice.

Care to elaborate?