Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to pokesph

Re: [Rant] ..house might explode, but Comcast wants its cable bo

since she still has the equipment just have her return it. I also think maybe they need to pack up some of their most valued posessions in boxes to move when they need to.

nuageux

@videotron.ca
She just have to pay his montly bill and wait until she can access the house. If your house isn't all paid and the house explosed, you will still have to pay the mortage, right?

Life isn't always fun... She have already lost a house, if I were her, the cable box would be the least of my worries...

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to mikedz4
why not just bill the REAL price for the box that is USED and not the price of a NEW box for one that can be 3-5+ years old.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by Joe12345678:

why not just bill the REAL price for the box that is USED and not the price of a NEW box for one that can be 3-5+ years old.

I thought is was "replacement cost" not "current value"?

Not sure what the contract says and what's actually enforceable though.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to nuageux
The following is an excerpt from a Fierce Cable article:

quote:
Cablevision won't bill Hurricane Sandy victims

November 2, 2012 | By Steve Donohue

. . .

Officials at Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) also said Friday that they will not charge subscribers fees for lost or damaged equipment.

"Our hearts go out to our customers impacted by the storm, and we want to do everything we can to make things even a little easier as they go through this difficult time. We will handle each customer on an individual basis so we can be sensitive to their specific needs and circumstances," Comcast spokeswoman Jenni Moyer told FierceCable. Subscribers with lost or damaged equipment should call 1-800-COMCAST to report it, or can visit one of the MSO's local service centers, she added.

. . .

»www.fiercecable.com/story/cablev···internal
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to The Q
said by The Q:

said by Joe12345678:

I thought is was "replacement cost" not "current value"?

Not sure what the contract says and what's actually enforceable though.

well your home insurance should have the attorneys that can stand to there bloated rates