spc
Search similar:

uniqs

eweazel
join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

[DSL] new business connection

After 3 years of fighting with management, I finally recieved the OK to switch our 10 year old internet connection from ICA to Teksavvy. Now since this is on my head, and today is the day everything should be switched over, I am wondering when is the average time That the dsl actually starts working. Seeing its,a business and all our transactions are processed online we cant be down to long. FYI we are using the speedtouch modem only supplied purchased from teksavvy.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Technically, it can be up to Midnight. As long as you have a DSL sync & a Login, you should be able to connect.

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

Thats my fear, the DSL light has yet to flash, just the ethernet one is.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
Hi eweazel,

Can you please PM me the Account details for the Biz connection?

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
All signs are pointing for today!

Two techs are required for this install.

1) Bell Tech (12pm-5pm) he is making sure frame/co work is completed. You may not even see this guy

2) Telecon Tech (8am-9pm) he is the one coming on prem to do the work

I had a second pair of eyes on this and nothing is pointing that it wont happen for today.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

+1

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Could the 8-9 pm guy come earlier, we close at 5pm, dont mind staying a bit later though.

TSI Phil
TSI PhilR
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

TSI Phil

Premium Member

Good morning

Unfortunately no, as we have no contact with the Telecon technicians. Once they're dispatched to the field, even Bell has no contact with them either.

We could do the option of "Due date +1" which essentially would put your installation date for the second tech on Monday (slight possibility of Tuesday)

Personally I'd suggest if it's possible, to leave the appointment for today.

Let me know, and if need be I can have it rescheduled for you.

Thanks!

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

Thank you guys for the quick response too. Its refreshing after what we had to put up with.
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr

I switched our corporate internet connection from ICA to TSI a couple of years ago as well. Once it's setup I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
said by eweazel:

Thank you guys for the quick response too. Its refreshing after what we had to put up with.

It's what we do!

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel to Bugblndr

to Bugblndr
The problem I am facing is having someone who hates any form of change go on and on about how the internet is down, but getting just over 1.5 mbps for 10 years was acceptable.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by eweazel:

The problem I am facing is having someone who hates any form of change go on and on about how the internet is down, but getting just over 1.5 mbps for 10 years was acceptable.

Depressing isn't it?

Mike

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
the telecom guy was here, bell still hasnt done there part, no signal so he left, any update possible please.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hello eweazel,

I'll take a quick look at your account, how long has the tech been gone for? I will PM you as well shortly.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
Hi eweazel,

There is a slight possibility that Bell will be finishing work by midnight...

I am asking someone in Escalations to take a look and contact Bell.

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
We got no answer from the queue...

I just fired off an email to Escalation level 4, 5 & 6... Product Manager, Associate Director and Director to see what can be done.

Once again, there is a possibility there the work is done automatically, but because its a business, I don't want it to impact you guys negatively so I am not taking a chance!

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
It may be worth while doing a little troubleshooting. I just called your cell and left you my number... Give me a call if you can or call into support and lets try some TS if possible.

Thanks, and I apologize for all of this!

Andre
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
Ok. The scoop since we last spoke over the phone!

I got in touch with one of the Directors at Bell. They escalated to a Fieldwork Senior Manager which had a local CO Dispatch Manager call me. Spoke to him... It was quite pleasant! He is saying that CO work was completed as of 7:34am today but he is sending another tech out tonight to double-check the work. He told me that its either CO or on the prem.

Once you get in tomorrow, if we cant fix it by troubleshooting, I will call the local manager as per his request and he will send someone out that day to fix things on the prem

Sorry it took so long but it seems that this escalation is now on track!

Cheers,

Andre

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

Once again thank you for all this effort.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Just remember who treats you right when suggesting ISPs to your friends and family

It was my pleasure!
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to eweazel

Premium Member

to eweazel
So here is the 411. Tech went to the CO last night and the tech originally had placed you on a FTTn port and never activated it. The tech last night put you on a regular port as he could not activate the other higher one just yet, thus slow Internet this morning. I got in touch with the dispatch manager and about 15 minutes ago, they put you back on the faster port an activated it, thus... Amazing Internet!

Thanks for being so patient with us !

eweazel
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

Thanks again for some of the best support.
FYI: The bell tech who just fixed it, went to one of my employees to warn them that he would have to charge us more for our higher speed, Since going with a third party it should be slower .