share rss forum feed

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Voxxjin

Re: Rant: Buck Rogers Season 2

I bought the DVD set awhile ago and started watching it again. While I enjoyed it and remembering when I watched the crap out of it as a kid, its not the same. The acting was bad, and the story lines too. Also you really notice the recycled shots they used over and over again during the space battles. I didn't notice it as much as a kid. My favorite worse episode was the one with the Golden guys who anything they touched turned to gold or jewels.

Twikis voice did change because Mel Blanc didn't do it for some episodes according to Wikipedia.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiki
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

A lot of those shows had recycled shots where they were viewing the radar or dog fights in space. Bugs me some now, probably didn't notice or care back then. I can deal with poor FX but some of the acting or storylines are just plain bad.

And yeah I did know that Mel didn't do the voice for the second season. But couldn't they have had someone do a similar voice? Now he sounds like a little boy with his high pitched voice and sounds really sappy.

/sigh
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Also you really notice the recycled shots they used over and over again during the space battles.

Standard procedure for animation in that time period. I read somewhere that the animated Cosby Show from the 70s was only allowed thirty seconds of new animation each week. Everything else was recycled video with overdubbed audio.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

My favorite worse episode was the one with the Golden guys who anything they touched turned to gold or jewels.

Funny I just watched that episode just now.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war